Tipping for Onboard Weddings

Help! I'm getting married onboard the Carnival Inspiration in less than 2 weeks and for some reason I thought they were tacking gratuity on to our extra guests so I wouldn't have to worry about tipping, but they didn't (I could have sworn there was gratuity on our initial charge but apparently not).

Now we're trying to figure out who all we should be tipping and how much is appropriate...

Do we have any past brides who can share what they did? How much help they received? Or brides who have a better plan in place than my "I'm sure they'll work that in to my final payment because you always have the opportunity to prepay gratuity on a cruise" plan....

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide!

I had envelopes for everyone for the tips rest to go. I did a shoreside ceremony and Ship reception so I probably has some extra people to tip. Here's what I did for the ship tho. I tipped the photographer, coordinator, DJ, bartender, and 2 waiters.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Thank you. Do you mind if I ask how much you tipped?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I had asked the question about who to tip to the our wedding planner with Carnival and this was the reply that I received.

Generally, tipping would go if someone went above and beyond your expectations. Tips should never be expected! With that said, the officiant, the coordinator, perhaps the wedding hostess and maybe the photographer. The staff working the wedding reception would never expect it. Basically, it is the people that you are working with on the day of. You do not need to tip all the bartenders and waiters.

Now, with that being said ... I'm not so sure I agree 100% but I do understand what she is talking about. Basically the waiters and bartenders were assigned to the wedding rather than having to work on another part of the ship that day .... BUT would the bartenders not be getting tipped if they were working a bar elsewhere on the ship rather than the wedding? I'm not sure how all the tips get pooled together. I also plan on tipping my DJ if he does a really good job.

• 9 months later...
Thank you. Do you mind if I ask how much you tipped?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Hi.

You had your wedding already yes? How did you go about tipping? Who did you tip? What percentage did you use to determine how much you would tip?

Thanks so much for your help. I hope your wedding went off without a problem!