First Timer Oceania

DTT

The special is usually once every 14 days +\- and runs for 3 days availability to use. Pickup in the AM and usually back in the PM or next AM.

Note too that there are self-serve laundries onboard (irons too). Wash=$2 and Dry=$2 (tokens available at Guest Services.

So to get this right, if we're on a GV with 12 and 20 day legs, a b2b with 8 and 10 day legs and another GV with 12 and 14 day legs, we'll only see that laundry special once on the 20 day leg unless they treat a GV differently. Do you know if they do?

If they don't, then those 3 free bags of laundry "per leg" in the A cabins and above just got more valuable. With our calculations a bag of our laundry would run if paying per piece about $100-140 per bag.

So to get this right, if we're on a GV with 12 and 20 day legs, a b2b with 8 and 10 day legs and another GV with 12 and 14 day legs, we'll only see that laundry special once on the 20 day leg unless they treat a GV differently. Do you know if they do?

If they don't, then those 3 free bags of laundry "per leg" in the A cabins and above just got more valuable. With our calculations a bag of our laundry would run if paying per piece about $100-140 per bag.

We just completed an "extended journey" on Insignia comprised of a 20 day segment followed by an 18 day segment. The three day "laundry special" window appeared twice in each segment. If I remember correctly, it was $25 for 20 items.

BTW: the specials are announced in the daily "Currents" publication. So, they apply for anyone who wants to use them regardless of single or multiple segment cruises.

I can only assume that Concierge class would get you 3 bags (20 items too?) per segment, which would add up to 6 bags for a two segment cruise. At the $25 laundry special for B cabin and below, those 6 bags would cost a total of $150.

Again, IMO, that $150 "savings" in addition to "hot" breakfast balanced on your lap, and a cheap bottle of wine plus a special room with some "snacks" (already available at Barrista's for everyone) doesn't justify the many hundreds more in price for A vs B, not to mention there being no extended balconies on Marina or Riviera for A cabins.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

At the $25 laundry special for B cabin and below, those 6 bags would cost a total of $150.

Are you saying the $25 laundry bag special is for only B cabins and below? If that’s the case, then you are correct. The A cabin laundry perk value definitely diminishes if you’re on a cruise leg that is 18 days or longer. However, if the special applies to ALL cabins like I would hope, then that’s perfect as we can use both the free perks and the laundry special if we are in an A cabin.

I don’t believe there is any “official “ schedule as to when they offer the 20 pieces for $25 special.

Last summer 21 day cruise on Nautica- offered twice.

Last Fall , 10 day cruise on Marina- no offering.

In February 15 day cruise on Nautica- offered once.

Last two sailings we were Concierge or PH and used the new 3 bags free program.

I don’t believe there is any “official “ schedule as to when they offer the 20 pieces for $25 special.

Last summer 21 day cruise on Nautica- offered twice.

Last Fall , 10 day cruise on Marina- no offering.

In February 15 day cruise on Nautica- offered once.

Last two sailings we were Concierge or PH and used the new 3 bags free program.

Do you save your dailies? If not you have a great memory. I barely remember the ports I go to, much less when the laundry is offered. But then again I drinks a bit.

I think the laundry bag special is only offered on 15+ day cruises

we have not seen them on the shorter cruises

Available to any cabin cat that want to pay

As mentioned watch the Currents