Melbourne

laurieb

WOW - I thought I was lost before trying to figure out how AFL games run :confused:. You guys are speaking a foreign language, LOL! Here in the states no matter the pro sport (except maybe tennis) it's almost always only one game for any one day and time.

So...when you get a ticket for an AFL game for a particular date, do you get to attend the earlier "rounds" plus the main game later that day? Do different ticket prices allow you to multiple games? Or a better seat in the arena? What area in the stadium is the best place to sit? Fixture means schedule of games right?

ellieanne, PerfectlyPerth and Hawka - I'm hungry already! I've had added these to my growing list. Keep those suggestions coming :D

Black Cat Cafe at 252 Brunswick ST in Fitzroy: The "Modern City Living" airbnb that I'm looking at is located virtually right behind it. The door to the building is right past the bench by the cafe's front door. I really like this place, but it does have some graffiti on the front door's facing. I know that artistic graffiti is one of Fitzroy's claims to fame, however this just looks like regular signature graffiti that in my city would designate a not so good part of town. My question then would be: should I let that influence my choice?

Thoughts? I promise to pick a place soon and not bug y'all too much more about it.

Sorry about that.

Rugby a League is a sport mainly played in NSW and Queensland (though Melbourne have. A team in the comp) Leigh says AFL have only the one game on.

A higher price ticket will give you a better seat, usually closer to the game.

I’m sure I won’t be the only one to say, bug away in general you’ll find Aussies happy to help

WOW - I thought I was lost before trying to figure out how AFL games run :confused:. You guys are speaking a foreign language, LOL! Here in the states no matter the pro sport (except maybe tennis) it's almost always only one game for any one day and time.

So...when you get a ticket for an AFL game for a particular date, do you get to attend the earlier "rounds" plus the main game later that day? Do different ticket prices allow you to multiple games? Or a better seat in the arena? What area in the stadium is the best place to sit? Fixture means schedule of games right?

No, one ticket equals one game. If you want to go to another game, you buy a ticket for that particular game. Ticket prices start at approx.$25 for a general admission seat. Reserved seats cost more and some games may be designated reserved seats only because of the teams playing.

Leigh

In Melbourne, go to an AFL game at the MCG. One of the great stadiums of the world.

Almost all games there have walk up tickets available starting at $25. Hardly a bad seat in the place, even at that price. Reserved seats in better positions cost more.

In Melbourne, go to an AFL game at the MCG. One of the great stadiums of the world.

Almost all games there have walk up tickets available starting at $25. Hardly a bad seat in the place, even at that price. Reserved seats in better positions cost more.

Even tho I hardly know a thing about how the game is played, I want to experience the stadium and the pulse of the crowd. As I understand it, AFL fans are some of the most enthusiastic of any sport.

Since we will probably only have this one chance to visit Melbourne, I'm going for the best seat in the house... this side of owner's suites and the such:D

Even tho I hardly know a thing about how the game is played, I want to experience the stadium and the pulse of the crowd. As I understand it, AFL fans are some of the most enthusiastic of any sport.

Since we will probably only have this one chance to visit Melbourne, I'm going for the best seat in the house... this side of owner's suites and the such:D

to experience a game with great atmosphere got to pick a good game choice now depending that can be tough in a way as sometimes games can be one sided etc get a hawthorn geelong game chances are will be noisy with passionate supporters both sides collingwood games too can be too swans v hawks chances are will be a noisy affair too tigers v a melb based one will be they got some passionate fans that stand at back of m3 loud as can be a bit feral etc too but means great atmosphere too

ignore tags they tag everywhere sadly dont mean its bad area , make sure you visit hosier lane for artistic graffiti always changes too

to experience a game with great atmosphere got to pick a good game choice now depending that can be tough in a way as sometimes games can be one sided etc get a hawthorn geelong game chances are will be noisy with passionate supporters both sides collingwood games too can be too swans v hawks chances are will be a noisy affair too tigers v a melb based one will be they got some passionate fans that stand at back of m3 loud as can be a bit feral etc too but means great atmosphere too

ignore tags they tag everywhere sadly dont mean its bad area , make sure you visit hosier lane for artistic graffiti always changes too

Happy to hear I can disregard the tag graffiti.

I have chosen dates for the trip- Woo-hoo! One decision made! March 27- April 6. Leaving LA Or SF in the 25th.

Now I just have to decide which area I really want to be in - North Melbourne (one block from the Vic), Carlton - across,from,the Ian Potter Museum), or the one in Fitzoy behind the Black Cat. Each has its own positives and negatives.

When the AFL schedule is posted, y'all can tell me which game I should choose. What days do they play?

I'm still trying to decide if we should hire a car for a few day trips out of town. Not sure what the learning curve would be to adapt to driving on the other side of the car & road.

I'd like to take the DH in a fishing trip, perhaps out of Mornington. And of course Healesville. Other than that, trams around town.

My ADD brain is swirling around like a tornado - so many choices- places, things to do and when - that I think I'm going to drive myself batty if I don't just take a deep breath and enjoy the planning process! :D:):D

Happy to hear I can disregard the tag graffiti.

I have chosen dates for the trip- Woo-hoo! One decision made! March 27- April 6. Leaving LA Or SF in the 25th.

Now I just have to decide which area I really want to be in - North Melbourne (one block from the Vic), Carlton - across,from,the Ian Potter Museum), or the one in Fitzoy behind the Black Cat. Each has its own positives and negatives.

When the AFL schedule is posted, y'all can tell me which game I should choose. What days do they play?

I'm still trying to decide if we should hire a car for a few day trips out of town. Not sure what the learning curve would be to adapt to driving on the other side of the car & road.

I'd like to take the DH in a fishing trip, perhaps out of Mornington. And of course Healesville. Other than that, trams around town.

My ADD brain is swirling around like a tornado - so many choices- places, things to do and when - that I think I'm going to drive myself batty if I don't just take a deep breath and enjoy the planning process! :D:):D

This week they played Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun, will that still be what happens next year?? Maybe, maybe not.

Almost certain to be games Fri, Sat and Sun.

This week they played Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun, will that still be what happens next year?? Maybe, maybe not.

Almost certain to be games Fri, Sat and Sun.

I expect nothing will change but did hear a suggestion Thurs would go replaced by Mon. Personally Thurs looks to be drawing OK so don’t think

it’ll change

I expect nothing will change but did hear a suggestion Thurs would go replaced by Mon. Personally Thurs looks to be drawing OK so don’t think

it’ll change

I think if my memory serves me well, that last time the AFL scheduled games on Monday evenings, it was a flop. Thursdays are only played a few times during the season -

five Thursdays for 2018 (two at the beginning of the season and three in June).

Leigh

I think if my memory serves me well, that last time the AFL scheduled games on Monday evenings, it was a flop. Thursdays are only played a few times during the season -

five Thursdays for 2018 (two at the beginning of the season and three in June).

Leigh

I thought mon flopped last time, but thought I should include the rumour for completeness sake, would hate to suggest they were gone for good then the powers that be re instate them.

I’d actually plan in Fri, Sat or Sun, if coming from USA hoping to catch a game.

I thought mon flopped last time, but thought I should include the rumour for completeness sake, would hate to suggest they were gone for good then the powers that be re instate them.

I’d actually plan in Fri, Sat or Sun, if coming from USA hoping to catch a game.

Will do! It's penciled in on the vacay calendar.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have recommendations for transportation from the cruise port in Melbourne to the Doubletree Hotel on Finders Street. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

There is a tram stop right at the end of the pier, they also have busses by the dozen and taxis are never in short supply.

I guess it comes down to how happy you are to carry luggage onto the tram and a short walk to your hotel to save a few $$$.

There is a tram stop right at the end of the pier, they also have busses by the dozen and taxis are never in short supply.

I guess it comes down to how happy you are to carry luggage onto the tram and a short walk to your hotel to save a few $$$.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I am trying to arrange transportation from the cruise port to the hotel for my parents. They prefer not to worry about getting transportation on their own, so I was hoping to have someone waiting at the pier for them. Thanks again for your help

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I am trying to arrange transportation from the cruise port to the hotel for my parents. They prefer not to worry about getting transportation on their own, so I was hoping to have someone waiting at the pier for them. Thanks again for your help

In that case maybe a hire car company. Google hire car Melbourne or limousine Melbourne will find a few.