cruise ending in Monte Carlo...your experience

Hawaiidan

We left Riviera not quite a month ago only we started out in Monaco. We were told that it was a tender port (which had me wondering just how we'd manage with our luggage) but when we arrived at the port we discovered that Riviera was docked after all. Just the other day I saw a note here that indicated there's only room for one ship to dock at Monaco so perhaps it's a matter of luck.

Mura

Is it marked as tender on your Guest Statement from O? I ask because we have both tendered and docked at this port. I'm sure they would prefer to dock at an embarkation/disembarkation port. (or perhaps you are leaving early)

Maybe not lazy, Lyn. In our case it never occurred to us to check since Monaco had always been labeled a tender port -- as it was on all our documents. Of course, we were delighted when it wasn't! Our van drove us right up to the ship.

Is it not possible that these changes may truly be last minute? That is what WE assumed when we arrived at the dock.

Being able to walk right on the ship was far preferable to a 300 meter walk from the port entrance with our luggage to the ship! (We had a tour from Nice that morning that took us to Eze and Monaco but we'd been told that the driver would have to drop us off at the port entrance and we'd have to walk the rest of the way. Color us ecstatic when Sylvie drove us into the port and to the ship.)

Mura

Mura they have a dock but also tender

just think of the logistics of getting supplies, luggage & pax in tenders

you would be there all day long

If it is just a port stop then the tendering works better

if you check the cruise schedules it tells you if the ship will dock or not as I posted in the other thread last week

I understand, Lyn. It's just what we experienced! And in our case, it was a welcome surprise.

The first and probably only time we will be boarding in Monaco since DH has decided he doesn't want to travel any more. That doesn't mean I won't ... but I'll be on my own if I do!

The logistics at such a port must be incredible. We were just lucky.

Mura

looking at the cruises on the O website it appears those that start/end at MC do not show the anchor (for tender port) next to it

Those that are port stops do show the anchor

also noted on the cruise port schedules

Sorry to hear Howard is giving up on travel I might be getting to that point also ..sometimes it is just a hassle

Lyn

have you bothered to check port schedule to see if you actually tender on disembarkation day ??

too lazy to look it up I guess

http://www.ports-monaco.com/en/cruises.html

I am embarking on the Marina on 9 November--the schedules for the port have some ships marked T.A. or T.T. No key to the abbreviations. I am hoping T.A. means docked.

I am embarking on the Marina on 9 November--the schedules for the port have some ships marked T.A. or T.T. No key to the abbreviations. I am hoping T.A. means docked.

It also says DIGUE in the column before the TT & TA

DIGUE = docked

RADE = tender

On Oceania website it does not show the Anchor next to the port

My guess is you will be docking

Hard to believe a disembarkation port would be a tender port. Sounds like an awful lot of work. We have disembarked in Monte Carlo several times, but were always docked.

The ship shows tender an anchor... that was my question if anyone had experience with ending a cruise in Monte Carlo. It had me wondering if anyone had experience. Thanks

Hard to believe a disembarkation port would be a tender port. Sounds like an awful lot of work. We have disembarked in Monte Carlo several times, but were always docked.

Tendering on a turn-around day is obviously more difficult than being docked but Marina is there from 11/8 till 11/10 - plenty of time to accomplish everything even with tendering.

That said, I am glad that Marina is docked as we disembark from her on 11/9. :)

BTW, we embarked Serenity while she was anchored in Sydney overnight with some inconvenience but without a whole lot of trouble (she was also being re-supplied in Sydney).

Thank you for your information it is good to know actual experience

It also says DIGUE in the column before the TT & TA

DIGUE = docked

RADE = tender

On Oceania website it does not show the Anchor next to the port

My guess is you will be docking

Thank you for the translation services! Yes, I agree the ship will be docked.