Drew Devine as a CD

BillOh

I'm not very familiar with Anthem, but does it have the traditional two performances each evening that are first come, first served, or does it have pre-cruise show reservations?

It's a hybrid. The "big" shows in the main theatre -- We Will Rock You and the Gift -- have a reservation system like the Oasis Class (as does Spectra's Cabaret in 270), but the rest of the cruise was a more traditional format for the shows. We were on a 12-nighter so we got to see several other shows and they did not require reservations. It was nice to have some headliner shows mixed in with the traditional two show times to choose from.

It's a hybrid. The "big" shows in the main theatre -- We Will Rock You and the Gift -- have a reservation system like the Oasis Class (as does Spectra's Cabaret in 270), but the rest of the cruise was a more traditional format for the shows. We were on a 12-nighter so we got to see several other shows and they did not require reservations. It was nice to have some headliner shows mixed in with the traditional two show times to choose from.

Thank-you for the explanation.

Drew was great on Oasis this past Jan. Seemed as though he was enjoying his job and not just going through the motions. I found with the bigger ship we didn't see/hear from him too much but he was at most activities around the ship (even the children's pirate party on the boardwalk) and was very friendly. I wouldn't be worried about Drew at all and know that any time you are at a major event Drew will most likely be hosting it both professional and entertaining.

Edited by boatdrinks4me

Interesting to see so many positive Drew comments. We personally found him to be a dud, one of the worst CDs we sailed with. He wasn't present and passed along most of the duties to the Activities Manager Chris (who was awesome). Maybe he was feeling under the weather that week, but we were underwhelmed.

We were on Enchantment a few weeks ago and Bing Bong Mark was under the weather for most of the cruise but did try as best he could. Mo did fill in at many main events. We cannot all be 100% all the time which is the requirement of cruise line employment so as to not disappoint guests! Not making excuses but it is reality!

• 7 months later...

My wife and I are traveling on Oasis of the Seas this coming week Nov 27,2016. She will be turning 40 while onboard and I would love to try and contact Drew Devine who I believe is the CD for our ship this coming week. I would love to ask him if he can in some way shape or form announce my wife's birthday at somepoint or surprise her at some point onboard or during a show ?? Any ideas or how I might be able to make that happen ?

My wife and I are traveling on Oasis of the Seas this coming week Nov 27,2016. She will be turning 40 while onboard and I would love to try and contact Drew Devine who I believe is the CD for our ship this coming week. I would love to ask him if he can in some way shape or form announce my wife's birthday at somepoint or surprise her at some point onboard or during a show ?? Any ideas or how I might be able to make that happen ?

Drew has a Facebook page.

• 1 year later...

I don’t like him!! He was boring!! I only saw him before the show and on a 70’s party with a weird wig dancing on a bridge!! Is my first and last time with Royal, comparing him with Carnival’s CD he’s not good for be a CD!:mad::mad:

I don’t like him!! He was boring!! I only saw him before the show and on a 70’s party with a weird wig dancing on a bridge!! Is my first and last time with Royal comparing him with Carnival’s CD he’s not good for be a CD!,

You've just replied to a 2 year old thread. BTW - the wig is part of the 70's night costume.

I don’t like him!! He was boring!! I only saw him before the show and on a 70’s party with a weird wig dancing on a bridge!! Is my first and last time with Royal, comparing him with Carnival’s CD he’s not good for be a CD!:mad::mad:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Drew is a great guy, we met him on his first contract back in 2003, he was just cruise staff at that time. We have seen him many times since and he does a great job as a cruise director. They are very busy these days with the daily running of the activities and entertainment on the ship and are often not as visible as it seems they used to be.

I think you will enjoy your cruise with him

Brian J

You've just replied to a 2 year old thread. BTW - the wig is part of the 70's night costume.

And a thread I started. Today I saw the thread and thought, " I've had him, I have an opinion . We had a good time with him, He paired up really well with Margot the AD at the time and I really enjoyed their morning show. I might be biases as well as we won the Love and Marriage that he hosted.

And a thread I started. Today I saw the thread and thought, " I've had him, I have an opinion . We had a good time with him, He paired up really well with Margot the AD at the time and I really enjoyed their morning show. I might be biases as well as we won the Love and Marriage that he hosted.

I'm sailing SY in a week with Margot as AM - did you enjoy her?

I'm sailing SY in a week with Margot as AM - did you enjoy her?

margot.jpg

Very much. Perhaps biased because I found her attractive and loved her accent. I thought she did a great job with the activities she was involved with.

margot.jpg

Very much. Perhaps biased because I found her attractive and loved her accent. I thought she did a great job with the activities she was involved with.

Fantastic. Look forward to cruising with her as AM.