Giovanni's Table not available online on date wanted

While trying to make a reservation, the date I prefer is not available. Is there a chance that once onboard, we can still get in if our time is flexible?
How soon before you cruise?

I would keep trying if your cruise is a little time away.

Once onboard you can go to any Speciality restaurant to book but ideally Giovanni's if that's the one you want.

They are usually quite pro-active onboard selling the speciality restaurants so ask for a discount.

We cruise in about 4 weeks. The date I want is the first at sea day, and our 35th anniversary. Just wondering what you all thought the chances of getting a reservation that night are.

We cruise in about 4 weeks. The date I want is the first at sea day, and our 35th anniversary. Just wondering what you all thought the chances of getting a reservation that night are.
Usually the first night is easy to book but I would get to any speciality restaurant as soon as you board and they will be able to check availability and hopefully book you a table.

Congratulations for your upcoming 35th anniversary.

Sea days can be busy in the specialty restaurants but you should be able to book something. Just go to the specialty restaurant once you board and you should be fine to get a reservation for the day you want. Tell them it is your anniversary too, that might help them fit you in.:)

We never had a problem even just doing a walk up as long as we were flexible on times with later being better. We usually don't eat until after 8:30 on a cruise and that never seems to be a problem time to get a table. Also much easier for two than four or more.

While trying to make a reservation, the date I prefer is not available. Is there a chance that once onboard, we can still get in if our time is flexible?

On many cruises rccl murder mystery is at Giovanni’s table and then it would not be available ,do you see a murder mystery in cruise planner ?

This is a strong possibility.

This is a strong possibility.

Just to advise since moving to San Juan they have been doing Mystery Dinner on day 3, on several I know of.

May 26 & also June Mystery dinner Night 3, 615 pm on deck 3 on the air/sports area. We were on Freedom in April and had reg first two nights available in reg. area. Bob

On many cruises rccl murder mystery is at Giovanni’s table and then it would not be available ,do you see a murder mystery in cruise planner ?

I looked on the cruise planner, and mystery dinner theater is indeed on day 3- our preferred night- at Giovanni's Table:(:(:(. I guess we will do it a different night!

I will still check onboard, though, to make sure.

Thanks for the heads up!