Don’t feel special in a Grand Suite

I recall Host Bob (or perhaps someone else) saying that this perk is not offered/available on "Voyager class" ships, like AOS. Right?
Yes, free internet for GS and up is only on Oasis and Quantum ships.

Truthfully, I don't understand that restriction

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I recall Host Bob (or perhaps someone else) saying that this perk is not offered/available on "Voyager class" ships, like AOS. Right?

Correct, the free internet access for suite (GS and better) guests is only on Oasis and Quantum class ships.

Sorry to OP to go off topic. Hi John. I was wondering if you could tell me where would be a good place to see the launch of the falcon x rocket on Friday morning?

Tried to buy tickets to KSC viewing area but they are sold out. We are going to drive up there about 2 am to try and catch the launch. I figure you would know the best place to watch it. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Anywhere on the beach is good. Park ne as r Ron Jon's and go to Shepherd park. That way if its scrubbed you can go shopping. They're open 24/7. These are from our crossover, about a mile south of Shepard

fed32f81132a6a2d289e5d567fbe5b68.jpg89bbd4344c960a593ff97035af9c9477.jpg

A suite perk that I have not seen mentioned is breakfast in a specialty dining room (if no CK is available). I would have thought that OP had this option on Voyager. We really enjoyed sitting in a relaxed environment with table cloths and a server who brings freshly cooked food from a menu. Much better way to start the day than WJ.

We have a separate dinning room for breakfast so gettting a table is fuss free but the menu is the same as in the MDR in which all the food items can be found in the WJ. We ended up in the WJ as the kids are too restless to be waited to be serve.

Anywhere on the beach is good. Park ne as r Ron Jon's and go to Shepherd park. That way if its scrubbed you can go shopping. They're open 24/7. These are from our crossover, about a mile south of Shepard

fed32f81132a6a2d289e5d567fbe5b68.jpg89bbd4344c960a593ff97035af9c9477.jpg

Thanks John!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We have a separate dinning room for breakfast so gettting a table is fuss free but the menu is the same as in the MDR in which all the food items can be found in the WJ. We ended up in the WJ as the kids are too restless to be waited to be serve.
Coastal Kitchen breakfast is a little different than MDR, quicker, and better.

I get poached eggs on roasted farro. Tasty and healthy.

You need to think of the dry bar as part of a massive walk in closet. With drawers. [emoji16]

We've had plenty of both, and the GS is the way to go. Hands down. Especially on an Oasis or Quantum ship. Which I believe the OP was asking about

I agree. I love the dry bar area as all that surface area makes it easier to get organized. A GS is our preferred category.

Sorry, but the OP must have failed to read everything in the binder that explains all the perks and locations of reserved areas.

Thanks so much. I enjoy reading all the comments, all positives and negatives one.

Yes, I agree the experience is very subjective. We were aboard the voyager and there was no CK on the ship, apart from the getting a free glass of wine every evening, the food in the lounge was the same as in the WJ

Assume that you knew you were not limited to just "a free glass of wine" lots of other drinks/cocktails and refills! You could also have taken a glass of wine to dinner.

Assume that you knew you were not limited to just "a free glass of wine" lots of other drinks/cocktails and refills! You could also have taken a glass of wine to dinner.

This brings me to asking should I give grand suite another try for the quantum sailing off in Asian. For the voyager, there are only 3 bottle of wines, one red, one white and one sparkling, self service during the happy hour. The red wine was great but that was all. :(

I wondered that too - or didn't ask staff or concierge about reserved seating, etc. in the theate for example.

I did ask and the reserved seating was only available for the ice show. Ours was a 3-nites cruise. So maybe that was why I didn’t feel the suite life.

However I guess I will give the grand suite another try for the quantum as it is not often we get the chance to sail in it.

Have never done a 3-night cruise so I can’t really answer.

Maybe someone can chime in.

Definitely have more than wine on 7-day or more. Not a big selection, usually basic red and white, but beer and cocktails too; no blender drinks. Same with reserved seating.

Perhaps the 3-day was the problem for you.

Have never done a 3-night cruise so I can’t really answer.

Maybe someone can chime in.

Definitely have more than wine on 7-day or more. Not a big selection, usually basic red and white, but beer and cocktails too; no blender drinks. Same with reserved seating.

Perhaps the 3-day was the problem for you.

It seems the issue might be sailing in the Asia market. No experience other than Mariner repo, and that was more of an American and European passenger makeup.

FWIW, I've done many 3 days on Enchantment and the lounges are the same as 7 day cruises

To the OP, another option.

If you have the means to afford a suite on the mass lines - why not spend the cash and move to a premium line like Oceania, Azamara, Viking?

That is what I did - go Concierge on Oceania and it is a total dream - less $ than a suite on a mass line.

No onboard selling like on the mass lines, no need to reserve seats at the theatre - lots of seats, limited to no chair hogs - just a classy experience with far better service, food etc

An option.

If you want a good suite experience, go on MSC Yacht Club.

You have your own wing of the ship, 24/7 butler and concierge. You have your own pool. You have your own lounge with 24/7 drinks (all included) and late night piano/violin players. You have your own restaurant morning/noon/night with better, customized food. You have unlimited drinks everywhere on the ship.

There are no "up sells", as they throw in pretty much everything you could want, with service you could die for.

It's a great experience.

You have your own wing of the ship, 24/7 butler and concierge. You have your own pool. You have your own lounge with 24/7 drinks (all included) and late night piano/violin players. You have your own restaurant morning/noon/night with better, customized food. You have unlimited drinks everywhere on the ship.

There are no "up sells", as they throw in pretty much everything you could want, with service you could die for.

It's a great experience.

Loved Yacht Club!

We only got free cocktails/wine in the Yacht Club lounge and at the restaurant. This was two and a half years ago. Has the policy changed to allow free drinks in all bars?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

It's a great experience.

I like rccl and celebrity suite perks but would love to try msc, are there many children on yacht area?

I just got a promo for free drink pkg on Seaside, with crazy low prices. Something must not be working if they have to give away the store on a brand new ship to get you aboard.

Just saying [emoji6]

Edited by John&LaLa

Loved Yacht Club!

We only got free cocktails/wine in the Yacht Club lounge and at the restaurant. This was two and a half years ago. Has the policy changed to allow free drinks in all bars?

Yes, they changed this April 2017; We did Divina May 2017, and enjoyed free drinks throughout the ship, including specialty European coffees, smoothies in the gym/spa, and every flavor of Italian Gelato imaginable. I don't think RCL has anything that compares.

I like rccl and celebrity suite perks but would love to try msc, are there many children on yacht area?
We only had 2 well behaved children (8 and 10) from Argentina on our cruise. They would do their school work in the lounge every afternoon. The servers made sure they had plenty of snacks.

I just got a promo for free drink pkg on Seaside, with crazy low prices. Something must not be working if they have to give away the store on a brand new ship to get you aboard.

Just saying [emoji6]

MSC is undercutting everyone. Their primary source of revenue is their cargo ship industry; they started cruising to take advantage of the market, and are introducing new ships rapidly. They undercut everyones' prices in order to drum up new business in new markets (as they can afford to do so.)

Last year, we did a 4 person suite on the Divina Yacht Club for a week for under $4k, including every amenity known to man in our own private space.

Prices seem to be going up since then, but still far lower than a suite on any other mass market line, with far better perks.

On the Divina, from Miami to the Carribean last Summer, there were several, including mine. :)

The staff did a phenomenal job putting us in a semi-secluded area in the restaurant other families, and the wait staff did a great job doing magic tricks and just generally entertaining them.

Yes, we used the YC pool and hot tubs, but there was just about always an empty hot tub, and the pool was big enough that the adults weren't bothered by us.

The YC lounge is huge and adults could have their high tea in peace.

On the Divina, from Miami to the Carribean last Summer, there were several, including mine. :)

The staff did a phenomenal job putting us in a semi-secluded area in the restaurant other families, and the wait staff did a great job doing magic tricks and just generally entertaining them.

Yes, we used the YC pool and hot tubs, but there was just about always an empty hot tub, and the pool was big enough that the adults weren't bothered by us.

The YC lounge is huge and adults could have their high tea in peace.

Thanks , hope to do msc or edge next fall, did msc a long time ago and loved the food