Is it just me or is it nearly impossible to reach someone competent on the phone?!

I have had a fair amount of experience over time with RCI and who to call for this, that, etc.

LATELY, I can't find anyone who acts like the have a single clue! C&A, Club Royal, Customer Service, etc etc.

I know I'm not being specific about the calls here but in general...WOW (in a bad way WOW).. Multiple "simple" calls regarding various things have resulted in even more frustration. I swear, RCI is pushing me to go with a TA, something I shouldn't have to do at all but I'm getting fed up! lol

Is it just me?!?!

I usually had pretty good luck with calling C&A.

I can tell you that the reps that they have working the lines for the TA’s are absolutely fantastic, which as 80% of their business comes from the TA’s it does not surprise me that those agents are the best.

I too have had great experience when calling RCI ..... However I do call during normal business hours...on one occasion I did need to call late at night (west coast time) to get a cabin location that had become available (not available to just do a 24 hr. courtesy hold) and obviously got a foreign call center...I was so impressed with her competence and her continued effort regardless of the cabin initially not showing up on her screen to finally secure and change my location...Great job, and I specifically got her name and spoke to her supervisor to make sure she got recognition.

We've probably called them 12-15 times in the past year for new reservations, changing reservations, booking dining, etc etc. Every call has been pleasant and efficient and accomplished its purpose. We never hesitate to call for this reason. Anything to avoid the website.

I haven’t had any problems when calling C&A.

But I must admit I always select the number for booking a new sailing because they answer promptly and are usually more competent.

Then I say “oops I think I pressed the wrong number, but can you help me?” They are always happy to do so.

I know....I know....I am bad!! :'):')

I have had a fair amount of experience over time with RCI and who to call for this, that, etc.

LATELY, I can't find anyone who acts like the have a single clue! C&A, Club Royal, Customer Service, etc etc.

I know I'm not being specific about the calls here but in general...WOW (in a bad way WOW).. Multiple "simple" calls regarding various things have resulted in even more frustration. I swear, RCI is pushing me to go with a TA, something I shouldn't have to do at all but I'm getting fed up! lol

Is it just me?!?!

I have take 33 cruises on five different cruise lines and I am D+ with Royal Caribbean. I use a TA. It doesn't cost any more than not using a TA and I don't have to deal with the cruise lines myself. That has come in handy a few times.

I have take 33 cruises on five different cruise lines and I am D+ with Royal Caribbean. I use a TA. It doesn't cost any more than not using a TA and I don't have to deal with the cruise lines myself. That has come in handy a few times.

You know what? I think you're onto something! (I'm D with D+ only a couple cruises away fwiw). Probably should have mentioned that as it's not as if I don't know a few things.

I've traveled extensively since the 80's (do I dare admit, "early 80's"? lol) Have always done things on my own with the exception of a very few EARLY vacations.

Haven't been a big cruiser at all, but a traveler? You bet! I'm just amazed at the (in my dealings with Royal) how fast things have went downhill (imo)..I used to be amazed at the support and help! I almost feel like I had more "clout" or competent help when I was GOLD! Maybe that'a how it works? Not sure.

Thanks for reading my rant ... :)

I found them to be perfectly helpful with getting our cruise organized as we hoped. Our questions were probably pretty straightforward in the big picture though - getting our reservation linked with friends and whatnot. If you're getting beyond the routine that is probably going to be hit or miss no matter what company you are talking to.

Omg! I was just saying the same thing to my husband! In the past I never had a problem, I would have great conversations with whomever I spoke to; now I can barely understand them! I called yesterday to order my daughter a birthday cake and link dining reservations. I think it was accomplished, I’m honestly not sure. The only thing I could really understand was “ your welcome” which he kept saying over and over; I don’t know why he kept saying that I only said thank you once! Guess I’ll check with the main dining room once we get on board.

Omg! I was just saying the same thing to my husband! In the past I never had a problem, I would have great conversations with whomever I spoke to; now I can barely understand them! I called yesterday to order my daughter a birthday cake and link dining reservations. I think it was accomplished, I’m honestly not sure. The only thing I could really understand was “ your welcome” which he kept saying over and over; I don’t know why he kept saying that I only said thank you once! Guess I’ll check with the main dining room once we get on board.

This is a great example of something your TA could confirm for you - if you had a TA.

Just check each other's card to see if you are at same table

I haven’t had any problems when calling C&A.

But I must admit I always select the number for booking a new sailing because they answer promptly and are usually more competent.

Then I say “oops I think I pressed the wrong number, but can you help me?” They are always happy to do so.

I know....I know....I am bad!! :'):')

Haha... I do this too! I've been so impressed lately with the how friendly and efficient the reps are. I also call during regular US business hours, but there seems to be a great improvement in the past few months.

Sounds like I'm not completely alone. Surprised there weren't more replies however. I thought it was just bad luck but after many different times now that's not it. Something has changed and not for the better in my opinion.

One thing that’s been changed is many of the calls are now routed to the call centre in Guatemala.

I haven't been having any problems.

Same here. Sailing Royal 30+ yrs and book directly with them. Have 100+ nites on Royal this next yr, done 200+ nites last 4+ yrs. Rare but have had 10 changes on a single cruise for price redux, better cabin comes up...never an issue. I call day & nite, always watching prices, better deals. Have been friendly, knowledgeable, even more then I'd expect in this day and age...

Edited by ONECRUISER