Cuba on Majesty

mdsgu

I am a US citizen is a passport all we need? If not where do we get visas from? How much are they?

They way I understand it, the ship gets your visa and the cost is already included in the fare.

I am a US citizen is a passport all we need? If not where do we get visas from? How much are they?

They way I understand it, the ship gets your visa and the cost is already included in the fare.

Yes, the ship gets your visa for you, but $75 per person is added to your shipboard account. You will need to complete the OFAC Affidavit to hand it at check-in. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/content/faq/cuba-guest-travel-certification.pdf

Yes, the ship gets your visa for you, but $75 per person is added to your shipboard account. You will need to complete the OFAC Affidavit to hand it at check-in. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/content/faq/cuba-guest-travel-certification.pdf

Will they have these available to fill out at the port? or do we need to print these off beforehand? thanks

Will they have these available to fill out at the port? or do we need to print these off beforehand? thanks

My suggestion is to fill it out before hand to save you time and hassle at embarkation. You'll need to fill out two sets - one to give to the cruise line and one copy you must keep for 7 years. (This is an official affidavit for your travel to Cuba). As I recall embarkation was crazy - very limited space to fill out the form - people were even sitting on the floor to complete them.

I got off Majesty Wednesday. They gave us the Visa at check in. The $75 fee was added to our on board account. There was a guide placed in our cabin on how to fill the Visa our properly. It's pretty self-explanatory, but you do need to make sure you put the date in the correct order. The entire process was extremely easy, and staff was wonderful about assisting anyone who needed it. There was also a "Cuba Talk" at 10am the day before we arrived. They put it on the TV later that day.

We did not exchange any money. We were on a ship excursion, and everywhere we went took US$. That may not be true for everywhere, but we had no issues. There was a line at the currency counter, but it appeared to move fairly quickly.

So... one cannot walk around Havana unless with a tour?

Is that correct ?

Shame..

On the OFAC form, select "Support for the Cuban People". If you get off the ship and just walk around you will probably eat lunch somewhere, purchase some items, etc. Talk to people, learn about their lives, spend money--that meets the OFAC requirement. From what I have read and tons of research, OFAC has no money to audit anyone and has not done so in years. No one asks or wants to see your forms. Don't sweat it, just enjoy

Quite frankly buying a visa from rc is easiest.$75.00 a piece.When you fill out your travel forms just put the first choice your going on tours with rc. When you get to port get right off the ship,exchange a few dollars and go for a walk.you will get your passport stamped .you will beat the crowds.next time you can walk right through without going through immigration. You have to go through security every time but not the first pass port check. Once they stamp it just open it up and show them, people who didnt waited 2 hours to get off the ship later. We went with ship for one tour ,but booked a private tour for the next day. It was great,you can just get one their at the peir also but I felt better going with fertours.yusima was great.You can just get a few dollars at a time so you dont get to much. Go to the rc cuba talk first night they will tell you what money to get.

So... one cannot walk around Havana unless with a tour?

Is that correct ?

Shame..

No, not correct. You can use a private tour with the Cuban people. You can ride the hop on/hop off bus, eat at a restaurant, go to any of the cruise offered excursions on your own.

One thing you can't do is go to the beach all day ... sit in the sun and swim. That doesn't meet the criteria. You can certainly 'visit' a beach .... spend a couple/4 hours there, but not all day and do ONLY that for your people to people criteria. Just FYI.

Hi...I notice on all of the Majestys shore excursions in Cuba, they cautioned about the 42 stairs that you have to climb between dock and street level; However, I havent read any comments on the stairs on Cruise Critic. Im just wondering how difficult it is to climb the stairs..did anyone hae problems?? Thank You!
lots of stairs.elevator was broke,

Right, because doing 55.1 MPH in a 55 MPH zone might get you pulled over.:rolleyes:

It's not my 'belief', it is what is quoted. Just passing along the information I know, at least at the time of my cruise.

You need to DO something that generates receipts and keep a notebook and take pictures and keep all of your papers from your visit for 5 years. Again, just passing along what is written and stipulated.

It's not my 'belief', it is what is quoted. Just passing along the information I know, at least at the time of my cruise.

And my point is that if one doesn’t do all those things they have as much chance of ever having an issue as getting pulled over for driving .1 MPH over the speed limit. And this in a context where you don’t even fill out any more paperwork coming back from a cruise for immigration. Just sayin

You need to DO something that generates receipts and keep a notebook and take pictures and keep all of your papers from your visit for 5 years. Again, just passing along what is written and stipulated.

On day 1 we took the RC walking tour for 3hrs and then wondered round Havana for dinner and drinks, Day 2 got a cab and explored again, nobody in Cuba or USA cares

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk