Bar Harbor - Maine Foodie Tours

smelmel

Has anyone done this tour in Bar Harbor? The company gets very good reviews on TripAdvisor but most reviews are for the Portland tour.

Ship will be in port 7am-7pm & we already have reservations with Oli’s Trolley - just looking for something else/different to do.

I appreciate any information :)

Has anyone done this tour in Bar Harbor? The company gets very good reviews on TripAdvisor but most reviews are for the Portland tour.

Ship will be in port 7am-7pm & we already have reservations with Oli’s Trolley - just looking for something else/different to do.

We did this tour a couple of years ago during our port stop on the Regal Princess.

We really enjoyed it, not so much history but, some great food stops, decent samples, very tasty.

We have since returned to several of the restaurants and shops on this tour during our recent port visits in Bar Harbor, one of our favorite ports of all.

Jonathan

We did this tour a couple of years ago during our port stop on the Regal Princess.

We really enjoyed it, not so much history but, some great food stops, decent samples, very tasty.

We have since returned to several of the restaurants and shops on this tour during our recent port visits in Bar Harbor, one of our favorite ports of all.

Jonathan

Jonathan, thanks for your input - we did this cruise two years ago on the Regal & really enjoyed Bar Harbor also, we did a bicycle tour through Arcadia & had little time to walk the town. This time we wanted more time in town with a shorter Arcadia excursion & the food tour will allow this.

• 3 weeks later...
I am going on the Foodie tour in Bar Harbor on July 1. I'll let you know how it is if your sailing is after mine. The tour time is ten thirty to one thirty, at least on the day we are there.

Thank you - yes, the meet time is 10:30 on the day we are there in October - have a wonderful cruise - I look forward to hearing your opinion :)

• 4 weeks later...

We will be in Bar Harbor on a cruise in Oct. I didn’t see any excursions on the ship site. Is this foodie tour a separate thing? I’d love some info😬

We will be in Bar Harbor on a cruise in Oct. I didn’t see any excursions on the ship site. Is this foodie tour a separate thing? I’d love some info[emoji51]
It's not offered by the cruise lines. You need to book it separately at www . maine foodie tours . com

Go to to this website and scroll till you see the Bar Harbor Culinary walking tour.

It's about 3 hours and meets on the village green about a ten-minute walk from the tender pier.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

We will be in Bar Harbor on a cruise in Oct. I didn’t see any excursions on the ship site. Is this foodie tour a separate thing? I’d love some info😬

yes to the info Jonathan gave :)

I spoke with Susan (her number is listed on the website) - she answered all my questions. They offer cancel for any reason insurance (additional $5/ticket) - I did buy it for peace of mind.

Shanna in the Portland office told me they give a refund if the reason you miss the tour is due to the ship arriving late into port or not at all.

I am going on the Foodie tour in Bar Harbor on July 1. I'll let you know how it is if your sailing is after mine. The tour time is ten thirty to one thirty, at least on the day we are there.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise!

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Foodie tour in Bar Harbor & any other recommendations.

Your review of the tour? Thanks!