Shanghai cruise terminal for Celebrity

Husky61

We will be cruising out of Shanghai next February and plan to stay at the Hyatt on the Bund. During emails with the hotel, I am confused as to how far the hotel is from the Shanghai Wusongkou International Cruise Terminal where I believe Celebrity leaves from. The hotel told me it was a long way, yet the google maps show it as being less than a mile. I have exchanged emails with the hotel several times without any clarification. Has anyone ever stayed at that hotel and can confirm the cruise terminal for Celebrity is very close?

Also, what type of transportation is available to get to the cruise terminal?

Thanks for any help.

We will be cruising out of Shanghai next February and plan to stay at the Hyatt on the Bund. During emails with the hotel, I am confused as to how far the hotel is from the Shanghai Wusongkou International Cruise Terminal where I believe Celebrity leaves from. The hotel told me it was a long way, yet the google maps show it as being less than a mile. I have exchanged emails with the hotel several times without any clarification. Has anyone ever stayed at that hotel and can confirm the cruise terminal for Celebrity is very close?

Also, what type of transportation is available to get to the cruise terminal?

Thanks for any help.

Celebrity use Baoshan/ Wusongkou cruise terminal. We took a taxi from our hotel which cost around $20 or less. Definitely wasn't expensive at all. It is around 30km from your hotel. Celebrity cannot sail to the terminal in town

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Celebrity use Baoshan/ Wusongkou cruise terminal. We took a taxi from our hotel which cost around $20 or less. Definitely wasn't expensive at all. It is around 30km from your hotel. Celebrity cannot sail to the terminal in town

Thanks,

From what I can determine, the cruise terminal at Wusongkou is the same as the Shanghai international cruise terminal which is less than a mile from the Hyatt on the Bund hotel. I am having difficulties with the person at the hotel understanding if the two cruise port names are at the same location. There are conflicting opinions. I called Celebrity and they were no help.

Thanks,

From what I can determine, the cruise terminal at Wusongkou is the same as the Shanghai international cruise terminal which is less than a mile from the Hyatt on the Bund hotel. I am having difficulties with the person at the hotel understanding if the two cruise port names are at the same location. There are conflicting opinions. I called Celebrity and they were no help.

Per this website .http://www.tour-beijing.com/transportation/shanghai_port_transfer.php#.Wxlv4NHTXxx They are not the same terminal. Large ships over 70000 tonnes cannot dock on the bund due to low bridges on the river. Celebrity's terminal is at Wusongkou and is 30km from the Bund around forty minutes in a taxi. You will not be able to walk to your ship.

• Thanks 1

Google maps and China are not compatible. We noticed on our first trip to Beijing that our hotel was in the wrong place on google maps. The hotel website had photos which clearly showed a different intersection. When we arrived, we found that the hotel's website was correct and google maps was not.

Use the maps that were posted for you.

• Thanks 1

Celebrity has no ship sailing up the river into Shanghai. Even M-class is simply too large.

Celebrity use the International Cruise Terminal in BAOSHAN. We have been there twice with Millennium. You should find the name Baoshan on your itinerary.

Taxis from the Bund are the equivalent of 20-25 USD and (depending on traffic) it takes you 35 minute to up to an hour to get there.

Click on our Japan Cruise review in my signature for more info. The cruise ended in Shanghai and we spent two more nights there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Per this website .http://www.tour-beijing.com/transportation/shanghai_port_transfer.php#.Wxlv4NHTXxx They are not the same terminal. Large ships over 70000 tonnes cannot dock on the bund due to low bridges on the river. Celebrity's terminal is at Wusongkou and is 30km from the Bund around forty minutes in a taxi. You will not be able to walk to your ship.

Dallas,

Thanks for that website, it made thinks a lot clearer.:):)

Celebrity has no ship sailing up the river into Shanghai. Even M-class is simply too large.

Celebrity use the International Cruise Terminal in BAOSHAN. We have been there twice with Millennium. You should find the name Baoshan on your itinerary.

Taxis from the Bund are the equivalent of 20-25 USD and (depending on traffic) it takes you 35 minute to up to an hour to get there.

Click on our Japan Cruise review in my signature for more info. The cruise ended in Shanghai and we spent two more nights there.

Were you able to find any nice hotels in the area of the Baoshan cruise terminal?

Were you able to find any nice hotels in the area of the Baoshan cruise terminal?

I think there are a few hotels in Baoshan marketed at Chinese people but there aren't any major tourist hotels there and the area isn't really a tourist area at all. I would stay in central Shanghai and get a taxi, taxis in china aren't that expensive

Why would I want to stay in Baoshan? :D

Nothing there to see!

After debarkation in Baoshan we took a taxi into Shanghai and stayed at the Bund (Les Suites Orient Hotel).

The other time we took the taxi straight to the airport.

Believe me, you do not want to stay in Baoshan. Enjoy Shanghai, take a taxi to the port and enjoy your cruise. Taxis are inexpensive in China.

I realize that this thread is about a Celebrity ship, but do any of you Shanghai experts know if my small Oceania Insignia ship will be able to go up the river to dock? It's only 30,277 tonnage and is 593.7 ft. in length.

I realize that this thread is about a Celebrity ship, but do any of you Shanghai experts know if my small Oceania Insignia ship will be able to go up the river to dock? It's only 30,277 tonnage and is 593.7 ft. in length.

Oceania Insignia will almost certainly be able to cruise all the way up the river to the terminal at the Bund. I think all the small cruise ships dock there

While some of you above have suggested a couple of hotel choices...I'll just add our favorite we've stayed at the last 4 trips to Shanghai and will be there again in October.

The Grand Central Hotel...just an amazing location and hotel !!

After debarkation in Baoshan we took a taxi into Shanghai and stayed at the Bund (Les Suites Orient Hotel).

T

Miami,

Took your advice and looked into booking the Les Suites Orient and found out hey were totally booked for the entire month of February, 2019.

Looks like a very nice hotel.

Miami,

Took your advice and looked into booking the Les Suites Orient and found out hey were totally booked for the entire month of February, 2019.

We stayed at Les Suites Orient 6 years ago. Fabulous hotel in a perfect location on the Bund esp in a room that overlooks the river

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Miami,

I found the same thing during repeated searches over the past few months. When I saw I could book through some third party booking sites, I contacted the hotel directly. Turns out their website is only taking reservations for 2018, but you can book with them directly.

I found the same thing during repeated searches over the past few months. When I saw I could book through some third party booking sites, I contacted the hotel directly. Turns out their website is only taking reservations for 2018, but you can book with them directly.

Thanks,

I went to their website as well and February, 2019 showed no availability.

Guess I'll have to wait.:)

Thanks

Thanks,

I went to their website as well and February, 2019 showed no availability.

Guess I'll have to wait.:)

Thanks

Yes, that is still true.

All I did was send them a direct e-mail and I’m all set for March. Or you can get a room through a general search on one of the alternative booking sites,

Yes, that is still true.

All I did was send them a direct e-mail and I’m all set for March. Or you can get a room through a general search on one of the alternative booking sites,

Thanks,

Good info.:)