San Diego Airport construction

57redbird

We live in San Diego and have heard nothing about unusual airport delays. They're working on/closing the runway weeknights between midnight and 5:00am, but there really doesn't seem to be a problem unless you have a flight scheduled to land or take off late in the evening. I did read of one flight scheduled for late evening that was delayed and diverted to LAX since it was after midnight.

I'm not sure how this runway disruption would cause gate changes from one terminal to another, but in any case, the airport is not huge and you could easily get from one terminal to another if necessary. Make sure to allow a little extra time just in case.

There is no special construction that affects Alaska Air. They are merging their operation with Virgin and are combining gates/ticket areas etc so that is why they may be moving folks around. At this point I think you go to terminal 1to check in and then you'll see where your gate is located. I think they are planning most to stay in Terminal 1 but you will find out closer to your flight.

• 4 weeks later...

Flew out of San Diego today and saw nothing out of the ordinary. I live in San Diego and haven’t heard of airport construction causing a terminal change. Granted I don’t have access to local news, but if it were bad enough I’d probably hear about it. Plus, SAN is a relatively small airport. Changing terminals shouldn’t be that big of a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums