Fresh orange juice on the Horizon?

Baby_Bear

On our upcoming Horizon cruise, we have 4 Sea days and are looking forward to the sea day brunch. Is it possible to get fresh squeezed orange juice at brunch in the MDR? I ask because a Google search indicated you could get fresh OJ at the Havana bar but said nothing about the MDR. We are fine with the upcharge of course, but didn't know about availability.

Yeah, we have had fresh OJ on both Royal Caribbean and Princess. It would be nice to get it on Carnival as well.

Also, fresh squeezed OJ is NOT included in Cheers. It's specific that it's excluded. For us, Cheers didn't make sense anyway as we drink so little coffee and alcohol, and with the exclusion of fresh OJ, it's even less so.

Fresh squeezed OJ is not offered in the MDR, it is available only in the Havana Bar. It is not included in the Cheers package (no idea why as you can get a $20 pour of single malt 20 yr scotch but not OJ, whatever). Regardless we actually don't mind their OJ, yes it's not fresh but it is good quality for concentrate.

Fresh squeezed OJ is not offered in the MDR, it is available only in the Havana Bar. It is not included in the Cheers package (no idea why as you can get a $20 pour of single malt 20 yr scotch but not OJ, whatever). Regardless we actually don't mind their OJ, yes it's not fresh but it is good quality for concentrate.

Thanks! A bit disappointed to hear. I guess it's surprising that if passengers are willing to pay the upcharge, why they don't offer fresh juice in the MDR at breakfast/brunch.

Thanks! A bit disappointed to hear. I guess it's surprising that if passengers are willing to pay the upcharge, why they don't offer fresh juice in the MDR at breakfast/brunch.
An assumption would be there is only one machine and it's located in the Havana Bar area. There are two sizes available. The specific Cheers exemption started when the Horizon started sailing. It was never specifically mentioned as exempt when it was originally available on the Sunshine and the Vista. Very frustrating since I have prepaid for Cheers and am staying in the Havana area.

Yeah, we have had fresh OJ on both Royal Caribbean and Princess. It would be nice to get it on Carnival as well.

Also, fresh squeezed OJ is NOT included in Cheers. It's specific that it's excluded. For us, Cheers didn't make sense anyway as we drink so little coffee and alcohol, and with the exclusion of fresh OJ, it's even less so.

First off, if fresh squeezed OJ in not included in cheers then I am sorry for saying it is. I just ASS/U/ME/D it was included due to the fact that it is included on other cruise lines with their beverage packages. You also said "It's specific that it's excluded" I saw no mention of this on the Carnival site look below. Although it not much, but fresh OJ is just another way for us to get our monies worth out of Cheers, my DW will be disappointed.

2nqhcut.jpg

Don't know which page you're looking at but the link below comes straight from the Carnival web site when you Google the Cheers program. So I knew it was extra charge but was hoping we could order it in the MDR which I guess is not possible.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers%21-beverage-program

ETA: i think your screen shot is from the order page. It wouldnt surprise me if they glossed over the exclusions there as that could maybe deter some people from ordering the package.

Edited by Baby_Bear

On our upcoming Horizon cruise, we have 4 Sea days and are looking forward to the sea day brunch. Is it possible to get fresh squeezed orange juice at brunch in the MDR? I ask because a Google search indicated you could get fresh OJ at the Havana bar but said nothing about the MDR. We are fine with the upcharge of course, but didn't know about availability.

You can always swing by Havana, grab a glass and then head to brunch.

I can kinda understand why it's not included in Cheers, I one time had the brilliant idea to serve fresh squeezed OJ at a brunch we were hosting, and I bought a 10lb bag of "juicing oranges" thinking that would be more than plenty for everyone. Well, out of 10lbs of oranges, I barely got enough juice to fill 6 8oz glasses, and was 2 glasses short. So, I could imagine if you had it included as an unlimited beverage, demand may exceed their current capacity to produce it, as it appears to me they just do it on a small scale at the Havana bar as kind of a novelty. Now, if they made it by the gallons like I'm sure the other cruise lines mentioned do, it could easily be included, but I don't see Carnival doing that anytime soon.

I can kinda understand why it's not included in Cheers, I one time had the brilliant idea to serve fresh squeezed OJ at a brunch we were hosting, and I bought a 10lb bag of "juicing oranges" thinking that would be more than plenty for everyone. Well, out of 10lbs of oranges, I barely got enough juice to fill 6 8oz glasses, and was 2 glasses short. So, I could imagine if you had it included as an unlimited beverage, demand may exceed their current capacity to produce it, as it appears to me they just do it on a small scale at the Havana bar as kind of a novelty. Now, if they made it by the gallons like I'm sure the other cruise lines mentioned do, it could easily be included, but I don't see Carnival doing that anytime soon.

A very solid point. And honestly I'd rather have my single malt ;p I agree with not seeing Carnival switching to fresh squeezed anytime down the road- and quite frankly that's fine with me, as those are the things one chooses what is and isn't significant on their vacation and how much they want to pay for it. Cheers!

A very solid point. And honestly I'd rather have my single malt ;p I agree with not seeing Carnival switching to fresh squeezed anytime down the road- and quite frankly that's fine with me, as those are the things one chooses what is and isn't significant on their vacation and how much they want to pay for it. Cheers!

So true, fresh squeezed is good but not required, I'm perfectly fine with the OJ cocktail they serve.

The included OJ is made from "concentrate", just like most OJ you buy in any grocery store...it's still real OJ..not a punch or fake...it's simply been concentrated (water removed) for ease and taste, then the water is added back.