Carnival Hub App and Social Media Pavkage

The Hub app is free. There is no charge to use that. In order to chat, each person pays $5 for the duration of the cruise and can chat with one another. It's totally separate from any Internet plans and isn't included. You also do not need any Internet plan to use The Hub app.

The three who are getting the Social plan can use a messaging app to text one another. Like fb messenger, whatsapp, ect. Sometimes iMessage (on iPhone) works, but Carnival doesn't officially support it on the Social plan. The two who do not get a wifi plan can't use any of those apps. If all of you want to be able to communicate with one another, including people who only install the Hub app, everyone will have to install the Hub app and each buy the $5 Hub chat feature, as technoge3k mentioned.

The three who are getting the Social plan can use a messaging app to text one another. Like fb messenger, whatsapp, ect. Sometimes iMessage (on iPhone) works, but Carnival doesn't officially support it on the Social plan. The two who do not get a wifi plan can't use any of those apps. If all of you want to be able to communicate with one another, including people who only install the Hub app, everyone will have to install the Hub app and each buy the $5 Hub chat feature, as technoge3k mentioned.

Actually iMessage isn’t technically supported on any of them as far as I can tell, but it does work with the Social package. I’ve always had the Social package up until the last 3 cruises and I was able to iMessage. Also my sister and her girls had it and we messaged each other on the Vista.

It’s just $5 each for the message option with the Hub App. I would suggest all getting it. Worked very well on our recent trip. Every once in awhile it would freeze up but just close and then reopen the app.

Is the Hub chat generally preferred over walkie-talkies for keeping in touch? Haven't cruised in ages, but seem to remember bringing walkie-talkies.