Jewel of the Sea Greek Isle

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know exactly where you get off the ship in Mykonos and Katakolon. I know Mykonos is tendered but where do they take you? and where are you docked in Katakolon.

Any info will help me with some shore activities on our own.

Thanks

Bee

Just finished the 17 June Greek Isles cruise on Jewel. Pre-cruise documentation said we would be tendered in Mykonos and docked in Katakalon. However, when we woke up in Mykonos we were actually docked. Turned out ok - instead of the tender taking you directly to the harbor in Mykonos, you walk off the ship at the "new port" and have to take either a bus or a 2 euro boat taxi to the "old port" where all the action is. The boat taxi is a 20 minute boat ride each way that they fill to the max every trip. Personally I think it would have been easier to be tendered so there wouldn't be the waiting in line to pay at the boat taxi.

In Katakalon, we were docked port-side to at a place Google Maps calls "Terminal Crociere" (in case you want to look at a satellite view). It's just a long pier that leads you directly to the town of Katakalon when you walk off the ship. No more than about 3 city block walk from the ship to the town down the pier.

Hope that helps. Please ask if you have any more questions about this cruise - happy to share.

Hope that helps. Please ask if you have any more questions about this cruise - happy to share.

I was wondering about formal nights on a Greek Isles cruise. I have sailed on several Caribbean cruises, and the dress code varies but is generally dresses/jackets. Are Mediterranean cruises about the same?

I was wondering about formal nights on a Greek Isles cruise. I have sailed on several Caribbean cruises, and the dress code varies but is generally dresses/jackets. Are Mediterranean cruises about the same?

Formal nights were day 2 and day 6. From what I saw in the MDR on day 2, some folks (a vast minority) were in formal wear but generally it was men with blazers or just a button-up shirt and women in less than formal dresses. Second formal night we ate in Chops and avoided the whole thing in the MDR. My overall impression was that the cruise was pretty casual in general.

Hope that helps...