#CustomerService Fail

panchit064

March 4-18 Riviera Cruise to S. Carib was fun BUT we took an excursion (Grenada Spice of Life) through OC that was absolutely terrible. It did not deliver on any of the items identified in the narrative. That coupled with exceptionally poor coordination prompted me and my wife to complain. $85 for each isnt a huge amount but it was the principle. Once we complained we were placated. I indicated I would go to Twitter, CC, FB, Trip Adviser an other Social Media if we didnt get at least a response. NOTHING. Not what we have come to expect from OC. For this reason (not the poor excursion) we will not be traveling with OC in the future.

Jeff Holcomb

... Once we complained we were placated. I indicated I would go to Twitter, CC, FB, Trip Adviser an other Social Media if we didnt get at least a response. NOTHING. Not what we have come to expect from OC. For this reason (not the poor excursion) we will not be traveling with OC in the future.

Jeff Holcomb

For a variety of reasons threats rarely get the desired response.

#...

One failed shore excursion will cause you to never sail on O again? Was that your only shore excursion? You say the rest of the cruise was fun, but this one thing will cause you to never sail O again? Sorry to hear it - I guess. But your post offers nothing that kindled my ire on your behalf ... tell us how you were "placated" please.... Thanks.

Once we complained we were placated. I indicated I would go to Twitter, CC, FB, Trip Adviser an other Social Media if we didnt get at least a response. NOTHING

I am having a hard time understand this. "We were placated" seems to me to be a contradiction to "NOTHING".

March 4-18 Riviera Cruise to S. Carib was fun BUT we took an excursion (Grenada Spice of Life) through OC that was absolutely terrible. It did not deliver on any of the items identified in the narrative. That coupled with exceptionally poor coordination prompted me and my wife to complain. $85 for each isnt a huge amount but it was the principle. Once we complained we were placated. I indicated I would go to Twitter, CC, FB, Trip Adviser an other Social Media if we didnt get at least a response. NOTHING. Not what we have come to expect from OC. For this reason (not the poor excursion) we will not be traveling with OC in the future.

Jeff Holcomb

Very surprised. Normally if you write a note giving them the detail of what your experience was they will get back to you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have found the shore trip people to be always helpful, however if you feel you do not want to give Oceania any more money it is your money and choice. There are lots of cruise lines and I feel it is great to switch around so have a great time.

We have taken numerous O offered excursions and have found most to our liking. In the case of a problem we have let O know of the issue. But, we have never expected any remuneration. Given that the excursions are delivered by local vendors, it is a challenge to insure that that go on as planned.

Maybe the OP meant they were NOT placated? It's not unheard of posters to omit a crucial word or two in a post. Because I agree -- if they were placated, what is the problem?

We all decide what is important to us, and if their unhappiness with this one excursion is the deal breaker, that's what it is.

We ourselves tend to split more between private tours and ship's tours (maybe 70-30 in favor of private tours) and very occasionally we've been disappointed with a tour ... but never so unhappy that it would trigger this kind of response. I guess we've been lucky.

And while we do prefer private tours (well, I do!), we've been disappointed on occasion there as well. But at least we're dealing with smaller groups!

Mura

I had an interesting experience on our last cruise in November on the Nautica. I had a reasonable suggestion concerning the excursion when we returned - not a serious complaint, where I wanted money back. I was told by the "gentleman" at Destination services that he didn't take comments or suggestions! Asked about the manager and he said that was the manager's policy. He only had complaint forms to fill out if I was wanting our money back. I asked him how I was supposed to do. He said to go to the reception desk, which made no sense to me.

When I approached reception, they told me to put it on my comments at the end of the cruise. Right. Not a lot of space to do that. So I commented on the "policy" We usually take private excursions or explore on our own, but had OBC to use.

For a variety of reasons threats rarely get the desired response.

#...

Threats and the " do you know who I am" fist pounders get little respect.

My mom always said," you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar"

Example I was on a flight that was delayed on and off for 6 hours...people were screaming at the agents with all sorts of chest puffing...

I struck up a very sympathetic conversation and thanked the agents for keeping a smile in this chaos and that I was flexible and the delay was no big deal.

Later I went up to see if there was any chance for a better seat...and the same agent said sure... I have 2 seats left in First Class... would that be ok .she said .