$999 Busines Fare Upgrade?

cruzmaven

It's new to Oceania. Regent has been doing it for some time. Of course, Regent is now offering business class upgrades for $499 on some cruises. Interesting that the supposed luxury option of the two lines is more reasonable.

It's new to Oceania. Regent has been doing it for some time. Of course, Regent is now offering business class upgrades for $499 on some cruises. Interesting that the supposed luxury option of the two lines is more reasonable.

It's because Regent charges more to start with.

Before booking an upgrade, consult seat guru, for the airline and the aircraft.

Some airlines have business class that is not much more than an others coach. Italia for example. US air,

Know your seat, airline and equipment! :o the $899 is As I remember for 1 way and it doesn't apply to any domestic legs. Flying to or from Buenos Aires, from Hawaii, the Hawaii to Houston or NY will be coach only the segment from or to the USA, not in, will be business

I mentioned that the $499 upgrade was only for some cruises. And Regent only charges more if you sail below a PH on O. If you're in a PH which is the only comparably sized stateroom to regular ones on Regent (smaller on the R ships, slightly larger on Marina/Riviera) you will pay about the same.

All that said the $999 business class upgrade is a welcome addition on O.

Before booking an upgrade, consult seat guru, for the airline and the aircraft.

Some airlines have business class that is not much more than an others coach. Italia for example. US air,

Know your seat, airline and equipment! :o the $899 is As I remember for 1 way and it doesn't apply to any domestic legs. Flying to or from Buenos Aires, from Hawaii, the Hawaii to Houston or NY will be coach only the segment from or to the USA, not in, will be business

To and from Europe Envoy class (business) on USAirways now have or will soon have pods with seats that become flat beads. These are the

same or very similar to many carriers First Class.:)

Also note it applies only to certain cruises.

Besides certain cruises - only to certain classes of categories (A to OS). Just --Another way of discounting the cruise.

Apparently the 2012 summer is not selling well on any of the Luxury cruise lines -- Regent is offering deals and so now is Silversea. With Marina and Riveria they have about 20% additional capacity in a down economy both here and in Europe.

that US air will be offering lie flat seats. The pressure in on.

I just flew first to frankfurt on UAL in their newest "suite" 31 inches wide and 6 ft 6" super soft cushy seat, got a nice 8 hour sleep on an 11 hour flight!!!

However depends on the routing going to Lima the plane has regular donestic seat configs that are only 1 inch wider and 3 more inch recline than coach !!

Too the routing goes in 3 flights 4.5, 3.5 and 6 hour segments. UAL economy plus gives the same leg room, and 2 inches less recline than first/buiness on the route. Since I get comped for economy plus I am not going to shell out either miles or money for such a slight difference...

The Hawaiidan guide to class of service.

1-6 hours per segment of flight= coach

7-9 hour "" " " = lie flat business

10+ hours " " " = first class sleeper suite

Archived