$50.00 birthday cabin credit

RJB

I am starting to see the lessening of loyalty perks. Now they even deny some perks if you do not book Veranda or above. On board booking is not as attractive as it used to be. Slow decline but decline IMHO.

I think part of this, but by no means all, is due to the popularity of Oceania and the ever rising number of O cruisers.

With the 2 O class ships and the Insignia returning, there are more people cruising with O now than ever before.

Giving $50 to everyone for their birthday will add up very quickly to a lot of $$$$. Same is true of other perks that existed before and were probably needed to attract loyalty.

Attracting loyalty seems no longer a problem for O - keeping them may be. Time will tell.

I am starting to see the lessening of loyalty perks. Now they even deny some perks if you do not book Veranda or above. On board booking is not as attractive as it used to be. Slow decline but decline IMHO.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears, did it really fall?

Some past passengers with a few cruises under their belt from the mid-2000s haven't gotten birthday cards, let alone the $50pp OBC.

So better to have been loved and spurned than not to have been loved at all?

I agree. We just booked a Grand Voyage for 2015 which is comprised of two individual segments. The amenties (free paid gratuities and internet) for the grand voyage of 32 days are the same as those for the individual cruises. However, our $200 Bronze membership OBC is applied only once to the Grand Voyage whereas if we had booked the two cruises independently we would have received $400 ($200 for each segment). The same is true with the restaurant reservations. We only have 4 speciality (one for each restaurant) reservations for the Grand Voyage versus eight had we book the cruise as a B2B.

You would think with a 32 day grand voyage free laundry would be a perk.

I agree. We just booked a Grand Voyage for 2015 which is comprised of two individual segments. The amenties (free paid gratuities and internet) for the grand voyage of 32 days are the same as those for the individual cruises. However, our $200 Bronze membership OBC is applied only once to the Grand Voyage whereas if we had booked the two cruises independently we would have received $400 ($200 for each segment). The same is true with the restaurant reservations. We only have 4 speciality (one for each restaurant) reservations for the Grand Voyage versus eight had we book the cruise as a B2B.

You would think with a 32 day grand voyage free laundry would be a perk.

Would you have gotten 2 air credits as well with a B2B cruise vs. one with Grand voyage?

Oceania still has a loyalty program that beats most.

Image being a 5 star on another line and getting "free laundry."

At least at 10 cruises you get free grats plus $400 OBC.

A what cruise line gives you a free cruise??

You are right - up to a point.

Princess Elite gets free laundry and up to $1000 min Internet/cabin. On a 30+ day voyage that is a very good benefit and it would cost a lot more than $400. You also get complimentary mini bar set up and priority tendering (without having to be in a suite).

The O free cruise is nice but let's remember - you need 20 cruises for that.

By the time you buy 20 cruises on Oceania vs. 20 on Princess - you will have saved enough money with Princess to be able to have more than 1 "free" cruise (probably more like 3 or 4).

I am not saying that sailing on Princess is the same as on O, but we are talking about perks here :)

Edited by Paulchili

Would you have gotten 2 air credits as well with a B2B cruise vs. one with Grand voyage?

I didn't ask about that. I was just curious about the overall $$$$. I am more disappointed in the fact that they did not honor my $200 Bronze status OBC on both segments and I only get 4 specialty restaurant reservations. Things like this plus the ever increase in pricing, deviation fess, etc. is why we are now exploring Azamara and the new Viking Ocean ship for the first time.

Oceania is given us 2 credits for the Grand Voyage but that is because the cruise is between 25 and 34 days.

We will be on the same cruise, if you are referencing the 2015 Grand Voyage.

Were you given two air credits during your initial booking, or did you have to make a special request?

At booking the cruise we received only one credit. I thought this odd because booking it as a b2b would have resulted in two credits.

Where did you find the information you reference about cruises between 25 and 34 days adding an additional credit .....so far I have not been able to find it :confused:

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Were you given two air credits during your initial booking, or did you have to make a special request?

At booking the cruise we received only one credit. I thought this odd because booking it as a b2b would have resulted in two credits.

Where did you find the information you reference about cruises between 25 and 34 days adding an additional credit .....so far I have not been able to find it :confused:

This is why you need a good T/A. They know how to get things done. :)

The info on speciality restaurants is hard to find but here is the link. Just hit View and the rules appear:

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/default.aspx

Reservation Rules

When to make your reservations:

Your booking must be paid in full.

The online dining reservation system closes 7 days prior to your sailing's embarkation date.

Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites can make reservations 90 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Penthouse Suites can make reservations 75 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms can make reservations 60 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms can make reservations 45 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Number of reservations (Regatta, Insignia, Nautica):

Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Penthouse Suite and Concierge Level Veranda

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

8-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Number of reservations (Marina and Riviera):

Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Oceania Suite

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Penthouse Suite

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

18+ Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Number of guests per table:

All reservations have a maximum of 8 guests per table.

We are on the Pacific Splendor 2/15. I have no idea about the air credit since I had the TA leave the air in in case we need to use Oceania air instead of booking our own since the trip is so far out.