Traveling from port to Mullet Bay in St. Marteen with a toddler.

icedancer43

Hi Everyone,

I have tried searching these boards and have not found a recent posting about traveling around St. Marteen with a toddler. We will NOT be traveling with a carseat. We previously visited Mullet Bay (before having a child) via the bus and loved it so we would like to take our toddler with us this time. Will we be able to ride the bus or catch a taxi without a carseat? Thank you.

We were in St Maarten in late February with our recently turned four year old. No car seat. We took a taxi to Mullet Bay. Just held him tightly, lol. No seatbelts in either the taxi to or from the ship...

This was our son’s third cruise, and we’ve never taken a car seat. We’ve always just held tightly and said a little prayer!

We were in St Maarten in late February with our recently turned four year old. No car seat. We took a taxi to Mullet Bay. Just held him tightly, lol. No seatbelts in either the taxi to or from the ship...

This was our son’s third cruise, and we’ve never taken a car seat. We’ve always just held tightly and said a little prayer!

Ours was seatbelted in tightly between his two parents in our extended family group of seven for our taxi ride to get to Maho Beach.

Except for those who were killed in car accidents.

Not really necessary :rolleyes:...I'm sure the OP is an experienced "Parent" and just merely wanted to know how other's have managed this without getting a lecture or sarcastic remarks to those offering advice.

Not really necessary :rolleyes:...I'm sure the OP is an experienced "Parent" and just merely wanted to know how other's have managed this without getting a lecture or sarcastic remarks to those offering advice.

Well, even "experienced" parents have children who will be hurt or worse in an accident.

I will continue to feel free to offer up the scientific fact that the laws of physics aren't suspended while on vacation, and that a child is not safe if a parent fails to place them in an appropriate restraint.

I don't need your silly lecture. If you don't like my response, don't read it.

If you think CB gives great advice ("I'm over 50 and I wasn't killed"), I don't know what to say to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep...same here! Two kids on two cruises and never used a car seat.