Simple question about time zones

BigMike2018

I know that New Brunswick and Nova Scotia are on Atlantic time (1 hour ahead of Eastern time). My questions is for those of us who use our phones as clocks. Since I'll have the phone in "airplane" mode because there's no way in hell I'm paying the exorbitant rates for the on-ship cell service....will the phone automatically sync up to the time change? Or will I have to manually change it? Whenever I cross time zones, my phone automatically syncs up as soon as we land because it gets the current time from the cell network as soon as it connects. Since it won't be connected to any network at the time, not sure if it will sync up properly. I'd hate to wake up an hour earlier because my phone still thinks it's on New York time...

I always change my phone Date/Time from 'automatic' to 'manual' when changing time zone - you really don't know when the phone will change if at 'automatic' - then just set an appropriate time zone og just adjust the clock.

When we went from Boston to The Southern Caribbean last September my phone picked up the time in Great Britain ... took forever to get it to the right time. Next time I will change it to "manual". Jan

When "smart" phones get confused, they default to "Universal" time, or Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) the time at the prime meridian (0* longitude) at Greenwich, England.

We did a Canada/New England tour out of NY on NCL last year. We stayed on Ships Time (Eastern Time) the whole cruise. They constantly reminded us not to use local time. Also any excursions that were booked through NCL were also scheduled for ships time and not local time.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk