Okinawa taxis

debut

are there plenty of taxis here that would make getting to the Japanese Naval HQ and the Peace Park and Musuem easy from our ship? Does anyone know how far away from one location to the other is? Will be there in March!

Thank you

Debbie

There are in the town. There may or may not be at the wharf you dock at (there's usually a couple waiting, but depending on time and activity they may be gone), but it's either a short level walk into the city where you'll find them, or a shuttle ride instead depending on which wharf you're at.

I'm not familiar with the peace park, but the memorial is probably about 5km from the city centre. I've gone there by combinations of monorail, bus and walking.

From what I could see on Youtube with Chinese narration, there are taxis at the port, but there may be long line of people trying to get on. We will be there in November so I maybe able to get more info after that. We are also planning to go to the Japanese Naval Base.

Thank you Big M, should have said memorial instead of Peace park,

Thank you RoC, would love to hear from you after your visit, we are big history fans and want to see as much about WW2 as we can

Debbie

Our ship docked at Naha, Okinawa in March and in April. We used taxis on two different days. Tourist Information inside the cruise terminal has charts to predict taxi fares. There was a short taxi line outside the cruise terminal. Very efficient.

Barbara