Problem? Montreal Marathon Sept 21-23

bdpacker

A previous thread discussed potential problems with the Montreal Triathlon scheduled for August 23-26. This thread addresses similar potential problems with the Montreal Marathon scheduled for September 21-23.

My wife and I are disembarking from our cruise on the Oceania Insignia on Sunday morning, September 23, which is the date for the half-marathon and marathon races. I have confirmed that the disembarkation will take place at Terminal 3, several miles downriver from the main Port of Montreal because of road closures resulting from the race route.

We scheduled an early morning flight on Monday, September 24, from YUL specifically to enable us to see the sights of Montreal on the day of our arrival. We have a hotel reservation at the Marriott In-Terminal Hotel. Thus, we are trying to figure out how to get from Terminal 3 with our luggage, take a tour to see the sights of Montreal, and then end up at our hotel at YUL late that afternoon.

One independent tour operator informed me that he was choosing to cancel all tours on that Sunday because of the road closures related to the marathon. Another tour company indicated that all of their tours would proceed as scheduled. My tentative plan is to get a taxi from Terminal 3 to the Notre-Dame Basilica (where the tour begins), store our luggage a block away at a BagBnB, take a 2-hour walking tour of Old Montreal beginning at 10:30 am, enjoy lunch and further strolling of Old Montreal, pick up our luggage, and get a taxi to our hotel at YUL later in the afternoon after all roads have reopened.

Is this doable? My biggest question is whether or not a taxi can get us from Terminal 3 to the Basilica in light of potential road closures. The race route is found on the www.runrocknroll.com/montreal website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A previous thread discussed potential problems with the Montreal Triathlon scheduled for August 23-26. This thread addresses similar potential problems with the Montreal Marathon scheduled for September 21-23.

My wife and I are disembarking from our cruise on the Oceania Insignia on Sunday morning, September 23, which is the date for the half-marathon and marathon races. I have confirmed that the disembarkation will take place at Terminal 3, several miles downriver from the main Port of Montreal because of road closures resulting from the race route.

We scheduled an early morning flight on Monday, September 24, from YUL specifically to enable us to see the sights of Montreal on the day of our arrival. We have a hotel reservation at the Marriott In-Terminal Hotel. Thus, we are trying to figure out how to get from Terminal 3 with our luggage, take a tour to see the sights of Montreal, and then end up at our hotel at YUL late that afternoon.

One independent tour operator informed me that he was choosing to cancel all tours on that Sunday because of the road closures related to the marathon. Another tour company indicated that all of their tours would proceed as scheduled. My tentative plan is to get a taxi from Terminal 3 to the Notre-Dame Basilica (where the tour begins), store our luggage a block away at a BagBnB, take a 2-hour walking tour of Old Montreal beginning at 10:30 am, enjoy lunch and further strolling of Old Montreal, pick up our luggage, and get a taxi to our hotel at YUL later in the afternoon after all roads have reopened.

Is this doable? My biggest question is whether or not a taxi can get us from Terminal 3 to the Basilica in light of potential road closures. The race route is found on the www.runrocknroll.com/montreal website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You should have no problem getting to Notre Dame Basilica from T3 by taxi on Sunday morning. Your plans for a walking tour of Old Montréal and lunch are quite doable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums