Watching the Ashes on the Celebrity Solstice

Redking

As a Scot, i have little to no interest in the tediousness of test cricket[emoji6] . Hubby on the other hand is keen to know the chances of being able to watch the Ashes on the Solstice this weekend. What's the chances?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forums mobile app

As a Scot, I have little to no interest in the tediousness of test cricket[emoji6] . Hubby on the other hand is keen to know the chances of being able to watch the Ashes on the Solstice this weekend. What's the chances?

I have to ask what his motivation for doing so is ....... There are much more effective ways to get to sleep on a ship than watching the cricket on TV ... a wee dram or two etc :cool:

I have to ask what his motivation for doing so is ....... There are much more effective ways to get to sleep on a ship than watching the cricket on TV ... a wee dram or two etc :cool:

LOL, you may want to sleep all day but some people would rather do that at night.:D

Couldn't agree more!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forums mobile app

LOL, you may want to sleep all day but some people would rather do that at night.:D

Hey Mic ..... I am a Canberra boy too .... Year 12 Dickson College, served at 34 Squadron RAAF Fairbarin, lived in Scullin, Downer, Watson etc ... my Grandpa/GrandmaElfs still live in Watson.

We are taking my Mum, Dad & brother (all Canberra peeps on this cruise) we have lived in Canberra before there was Gungahlin!

Don't tell me what to do at night .... LOL

I remember what we used to do at night in Civic .... that alone marks me as someone who knows what it is actually called ..... remember Rascals, or the Private Bin and did you have a key ???) maybe trundle out to the Blind Beggars Inn, the Rose & Crown in Weston ???? I could go on if only I could remember LOL ...

I concede the point however if you are cruising, you are cruising ................ If you want to watch the cricket on TV ...... stay home.

I take your point ...... however I think that anyone who goes on a cruise expecting to see something on TV will probably be disappointed.

Would love to catch up with you and has a beer or seven next time I am in the ACT.

It would be better if the next time was we are on the same ship during sailaway!!!!

Cheers mate

Hey Mic ..... I am a Canberra boy too .... Year 12 Dickson College, served at 34 Squadron RAAF Fairbarin, lived in Scullin, Downer, Watson etc ... my Grandpa/GrandmaElfs still live in Watson.

We are taking my Mum, Dad & brother (all Canberra peeps on this cruise) we have lived in Canberra before there was Gungahlin!

I remember what we used to do at night in Civic .... that alone marks me as someone who knows what it is actually called ..... remember Rascals, or the Private Bin and did you have a key ???) maybe trundle out to the Blind Beggars Inn, the Rose & Crown in Weston ???? I could go on if only I could remember LOL ...

I concede the point however if you are cruising, you are cruising ................ If you want to watch the cricket on TV ...... stay home.

I take your point ...... however I think that anyone who goes on a cruise expecting to see something on TV will probably be disappointed.

Would love to catch up with you and has a beer or seven next time I am in the ACT.

It would be better if the next time was we are on the same ship during sailaway!!!!

Cheers mate

I have only been in Canberra for 19 years, grew up in Sydney's west and then lived in Adelaide for 8 years. Don't really know of many of the older haunts as we already had a young boy when we moved here so going out was not really a regular thing.

As for cricket, when I am cruising, I would just like a regular (each evening) score update, especially if there are any Indian waiters aboard. You talk cricket and they are likely to provide service above and beyond. ;)

A beer (or two) would be good and at a sail-away would be even better. :D

Cheers mate

Remember Rascalls, spent a bit of time in Canberra when I was with adept of Defence many years ago.

Gees Dobby, you must be at least 22!

Canberra born and bred. Grew up in Macquarie and lived in McKellar and now Gungahlin.

I worked in most of those dives in the late 80s, 90s and early naughties.

No doubt our paths have crossed before. Hopefully in a good way. Those 2 degrees of separation in Cbr.[emoji48]

I remember a similar topic about whether the NRL would be shown on RCI Explorer about 8 months ago. No luck there either [emoji56]

As for cricket, when I am cruising, I would just like a regular (each evening) score update, especially if there are any Indian waiters aboard. You talk cricket and they are likely to provide service above and beyond. ;)

Last cruise I had to drop cricket hints on 3 or 4 Indian waiters before I found success. Then made a mate for life![emoji56]

Gees Dobby, you must be at least 22!

Canberra born and bred. Grew up in Macquarie and lived in McKellar and now Gungahlin.

I worked in most of those dives in the late 80s, 90s and early naughties.

No doubt our paths have crossed before. Hopefully in a good way. Those 2 degrees of separation in Cbr.[emoji48]

I remember a similar topic about whether the NRL would be shown on RCI Explorer about 8 months ago. No luck there either [emoji56]

LOL, If you don't know someone, you know someone who does.:D

Last cruise I had to drop cricket hints on 3 or 4 Indian waiters before I found success. Then made a mate for life![emoji56]

I have recently been to India and remarkably there were not that many people who are into cricket, however the ones on the ship must miss home terribly so anything that reminds them of home is a great topic. One such waiter could not stop bringing us stuff as he wanted to talk about anything, but especially cricket.

You can just go and have a game yourself.

They could get a game of T20 cricket going on the topside lawn of Solstice, Aust pax v The Rest. No worries.

Forget the croquet.

Better still, take your pitching wedge and a few golf balls and practice your short game, who cares if you leave a few divot holes in their nice grass. lol.:halo: They won't mind will they? :hearteyes:

They could get a game of T20 cricket going on the topside lawn of Solstice, Aust pax v The Rest. No worries.

Forget the croquet.

Better still, take your pitching wedge and a few golf balls and practice your short game, who cares if you leave a few divot holes in their nice grass. lol.:halo: They won't mind will they? :hearteyes:

would need a lot of balls.

would need a lot of balls.

All depends on one's golfing handicap and the standard of one's short game Mic. We don't want too many of those little balls landing in the Pacific Ocean. Just a bit of pitch and putt up there, but watch out for the glass blowing area, might break a few valuable pieces, if there is any of that rubbish. :evilsmile:

Just aim for the Bogans up there on the Booze Cruise, sprawling on the sacred grass sucking on VB.

All depends on one's golfing handicap and the standard of one's short game Mic. We don't want too many of those little balls landing in the Pacific Ocean. Just a bit of pitch and putt up there, but watch out for the glass blowing area, might break a few valuable pieces, if there is any of that rubbish. :evilsmile:

Just aim for the Bogans up there on the Booze Cruise, sprawling on the sacred grass sucking on VB.

I don't think they would keep any pieces near the kilns but you never know.