Can you buy SIM card in SAN Diego for Mexican Riviera/Panama Canal

Stuteley

I am not sure if its available in the UK, but you might take a look at Mobal.com. If you have an unlocked phone (this is crucial) another option is to purchase a pre-paid ATT Pre Paid (used to be called GoPhone) Sim package which is sold at many stores including Walmarts. They work in many countries although you would certainly need to check their coverage list.

Hank

Almost any drugstore (CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens), market (Ralph’s, Vons) or large store (Target, Walmart) sells phones and pay as you go SIM cards.

As Hlitner says, you do need an unlocked phone to use the SIM card. If you don’t have one, you can purchase a phone where you buy your SIM.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what you are planning to use your phone to do?-calls?texts?data??

IF you just want to be able to make calls and texts you can also download the free Whats App app and use that to make free calls and texts on your phone to others who also have that app. You just need wifi to be able to use it.

I use it when I travel on land to Europe and Asia. That's how I keep in touch with family and some friends.

Getting a SIM card here or a pay as you go phone will be easy if that is more convenient for you.