Does MSC send you a confirmation email when you pay your cruise off?

tallnthensome

I made final payment on my Seaside cruise today. I found it odd that I didn't get a confirmation email with my payment. Called them and held forever with no answer. Chose the option to leave a voicemail to have my call returned and their system says error and disconnects you. So, can anyone weigh in on this? Considering how horrible their website and apparently their phone support is, I want email confirmations for everything from them. Can't trust them ........ Anyone?

We just paid off the balance on our Seaside cruise this week . We received 2 emails, one with our entire booking itinerary and a second one with all our paid line items. We stayed on the phone with the representative that took our payment information until the email came through. Of course we printed out both emails to take with us when we sail in June .

In the UK if you book with MSC direct and have done the online check in, you get the cruise ticket within minutes by email along with all the other paperwork.

Dave, that hasn't been my experience. MSC would only issue the tickets 3 weeks out in our case (when we book with a TA we get them about 16 days out).

When I made the final payment on our last June cruise, I did it over the phone. The next day I got an email reminding me that the balance was due; I replied stating that I had already paid it. It was then that I got a confirmation email showing the balance paid.

Bea ... Our final balance was due on October 21st for the Xmas Seaside cruise, I had two reminder emails over the space of 5 days so I rang the person concerned at MSC to advise them that I knew when it was due and that the date was also on the booking details on their site.

The person I spoke to told me that they do this because not everyone checks their bookings.

I paid in the afternoon on the 20th and had the email about 10 minutes later containing the Cruise Ticket and everything else.

Bea ... Our final balance was due on October 21st for the Xmas Seaside cruise, I had two reminder emails over the space of 5 days so I rang the person concerned at MSC to advise them that I knew when it was due and that the date was also on the booking details on their site.

The person I spoke to told me that they do this because not everyone checks their bookings.

I paid in the afternoon on the 20th and had the email about 10 minutes later containing the Cruise Ticket and everything else.

I've read of similar experiences on here before, but when I paid the final balance on our Meraviglia cruise and asked when I could get our tickets, I was told they would be issued 3 weeks before sailing (which they were). However, there were others who were sailing at the same time and they got theirs weeks before I did. :mad: