IE dining room question

WeeCountyMan

There are a couple of itineraries this year that interest me.

Her Ladyship likes full waiter service on cruises and I believe IE is part waiter/part self service buffet ?

Is this the case ?

Yes you are correct.... The IE has two buffets...

The Beachcomber, a standard café style Thomson buffet.

The Island Restaurant, still a self serve buffet but you are shown to your table that is ready adorned with tablecloth & cutlery settings & the waiters will bring water, tea or coffee. (I prefer the Beachcomber for the more spaced out seating.)

There is also the Oasis Restaurant, a full waiter service restaurant that carries a cover charge & needs reservations... I think it was £15 a head, but I think they did deals of buy so many get one free. It is supposed to be their al à la carte steak, lobster etc. venue.

There was also an experimental waiter service stone cooked at your table surf & turf being tried out while I was there last... Also at £15 per head looked to be well attended but its location being at one end of the Beachcomber, separated by only giant net curtains next to a staircase & just along from the toilets put us off... Rumour was this was to be relocated to the internet room at some time in the future.