Car parking Southampton

Essexgirl66

Apologise if this has been asked before but trying to find reasonable car park price for Southampton. Have looked on many site from companies that offer car parking to parking on someone's drive.

Can anyone offer any tips or recommendations?

Thanks

Apologise if this has been asked before but trying to find reasonable car park price for Southampton. Have looked on many site from companies that offer car parking to parking on someone's drive.

Can anyone offer any tips or recommendations?

Thanks

CPS are expensive but very convenient. Never had a problem with them. If you booked a select fare, CPS are the providers that P&O use for their free parking option. If you want peace of mind on your holiday without worrying about whether your car is safe or even where it is, they are a good option.

CPS are excellent. Very efficient service. Hassle free and convenient. Straight out of the car at the terminal, quick check and photograph the car, help with the baggage. A few steps and you are in the cruise terminal. The carpark for disembarking is next to the ship. We opt for a self disembarkation with our cases and were away first thing. We usually look for the inclusive offers when booking the cruise.

I highly recommend Parking4cruises having used them many times. They offer virtually the same service with equal expertise the only difference is you drop your car off and pick up in the short stay car parks at the terminal. Take a look at their website and get a quote for your cruise.

Have always used CPS and found them to be very good. I am a worry wort when it comes to my vehicle. Lol. Very convenient when using P&O, staff unload and I then drive about 500 yards to park the car. I park it myself because I am in a wheelchair and the vehicle has been adapted so this is the easy option.

Have been lucky to get free parking offer with P&O each time I book.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My vote is for Alternative Cruise parking, used them a few years back the last time we sailed from Southampton on a full cruise. Have booked to use them again in December when we sail on the Ventura.

DH is very fussy where he parks anywhere and will not let just anyone drive it either.

So valet parking is out of the question for us.

ACP is over the other side of the docks, once parked they drive you to the ship.

They show you where to park and that's where it remains while you are away. They then keep the car keys and seal them in a bag. They only have them in case the alarm goes off.

On their site you can get a instant quote for your cruise, ours comes to ?95 for a 12 night.

We have also used park at your house but only for a 2 night taster. All i'll say is thank god we only had carry on!

The car was safe enough but the car the owner said he would drive us in was not there and he had to take us in his daughters small car that was half full to start with. If we had had suit cases as well we would never have fitted in it. Then the drive was a little stressful as he drove us right in to a traffic jam and we ended up checking in a lot later than we had planned. Not used them since, but I think we were just unlucky.

We have used Park on My Drive a few times. In both Southampton and Portsmouth the car was in a gated area, so felt it was safe. Have used it in other non gated areas too.

In Dover we booked excellent gated parking with Holiday Extras, not sure if they also do Southampton, but they probably do. We often get good prices with them at airports.

Like others we have found parking 4 cruises the best option. They are just opposite the port (usually in the short stay car park). They are always a little cheaper than the similar alternatives and they have never let us down. We have tried hotel parking etc but the hassle of getting to and from the parking place is a real pain in the harris. When I get off the ship I have about 200 miles to go and so really appreciate the quick transfer. Usually about £95 for 14 nights, probably more than parking on someone's drive but miles more convenient

Bill Lee

Thanks for all your replies - CPS though good are tad expensive compared to others. I know a lot offer their driveways to park but always sceptical about this especially if owner asks to leave the keys with them. Looking at some of the others you have mentioned.

• 2 months later...
Can anyone shed some light on the Long Stay car park adjacent to Ocean terminal. I cannot find booking details anywhere.

There is no long stay car park next to Ocean Terminal or any other terminal. You have the option of meet and greet at the terminal by CPS or Parking4cruises and possibly other meet and greet companies or park away from the port and have mini bus transfers to the port by the car park company. The other option is to stay in a hotel for the night pre cruise and pay for parking in hotel car park and they arrange transfers to the port.

CPS are expensive but very convenient. Never had a problem with them. If you booked a select fare, CPS are the providers that P&O use for their free parking option. If you want peace of mind on your holiday without worrying about whether your car is safe or even where it is, they are a good option.

the only problem we have encountered with cps was when there was a delay and we were told to go to the short stay carpark and wait in our vehicle as one of their personnel would be along to instruct us when to go to the luggage drop off lanes.we did exactly as we were instructed and the car was emptied of all our luggage and taken away to be parked.we then went on our cruise and when we returned was met at the terminal where we were told where our car was and where to get our keys.all went well until approx. 10 days later when we received a letter and fine for using the short stay carpark without purchasing a ticket! so,be very careful if you are instructed to go there as you will need to buy a ticket.

Another vote for Alternative Cruise Parking(ACP) an excellent company to deal with.

As from April 2017 a new owner has taken over Alternative Cruise Parking and taken over the booking,s from Cruise parking ltd Marchwood, together it is going to be called Penguin cruise parking, the livery on the mini buses as it sound,s PENGUIN,S, the same crew with 12 mini buses doing the same job the new web site should be up and running in a week or so i hope this will help :halo:

As from April 2017 a new owner has taken over Alternative Cruise Parking and taken over the booking,s from Cruise parking ltd Marchwood, together it is going to be called Penguin cruise parking, the livery on the mini buses as it sound,s PENGUIN,S, the same crew with 12 mini buses doing the same job the new web site should be up and running in a week or so i hope this will help :halo:

that's handy to know.

In the end hubby booked parking4cruises as we are going from Ocean terminal.

but he did look at Alternative also, only decided against as it was further away and a bus ride to the ship.

thanks for the info on penguin i used alternative CP before good price and mini bus transfer was good as well. I drive back to souh wales 200 miles and found it fine.. Also used CPS and found the difference to be about 20-30 min from stepping off ship to driving off in my car..

Thanks MajorTom.

I have just had a quote to park at Southampton Airport Long stay, admittedly you will need a taxi there and back, however for 12 nights it was £63.00 and the part (including myself) that people seems to want is that you keep your car keys.

Now Im not sure of the cost of the Taxi, but would have thought it would not cost more overall than a lot of the parking options at the port. Just the question of the inconvenience of the taxi.

• 3 weeks later...

We have used and recommended Alternative Cruise Parking forseveral years. Penguin Parking appearsto be an amalgamation of ACP with another company “Cruise Parking Ltd.” Ourrecent experience with Penguin Parking was not good. We waited 45 minutesbefore transport was available to take us to the port. The site was extremely busy with passengers waiting patiently beside their parked cars. Eventually a large coach arrived to supplement the 8 seatermini-buses for passenger transfer to the port. We've never had this problem with ACPeven on busy port days, our usual 20 minute transfer extended to over an hour. Not what we expected.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks MajorTom.

I have just had a quote to park at Southampton Airport Long stay, admittedly you will need a taxi there and back, however for 12 nights it was £63.00 and the part (including myself) that people seems to want is that you keep your car keys.

Now Im not sure of the cost of the Taxi, but would have thought it would not cost more overall than a lot of the parking options at the port. Just the question of the inconvenience of the taxi.

Taxis are about £25-£30 to the docks. You should be able to get a more accurate quote.

Cathy