Barbados air port arrivial

jamona2311

What is this "usual" 3hrs you speak of?

I guess what Im saying is the arriving 3 hours before the flight for International flights. I think its 2 hours otherwise.

I didn't know if Barbados would be considered part of the " 3 hours early group" as its a much smaller airport.....

I guess what Im saying is the arriving 3 hours before the flight for International flights. I think its 2 hours otherwise.

I didn't know if Barbados would be considered part of the " 3 hours early group" as its a much smaller airport.....

The three hour rule for international flights is, IMO, a much over-used generalization across that harks back to decades ago. On the right itinerary from the right airport I've arrived as little as 45mins before departure on international flights.

There are some airports where it is recommended that you arrive early for a variety of reasons (no self check-in, departing immigration/customs etc.) but BGI is not one of these.

OP,

Are you aware that as of tomorrow, Oct. 26, 2017, ALL passengers entering the US from foreign ports will be required to undergo enhanced security?

I know the airport is smallish but if there are many (any) other flights heading to the US around the same time you may face longer lines. Two hours should be plenty but until things settle down I'd err on the side of caution.

BGI may be smallish but I have flown out of there a number of times and the queues to check in / bag drop move at the usual island speed - slow and slower. You still have to queue even if you have checked in online.

The enhanced security seems to have been coming into play over the past few weeks - I have flown into the US several times and there have definitely been more frequent baggage hand searches / explosives swabbing / questions asked than there used to be, so I'm not sure there's going to be a sudden change today.

I definitely would be at BGI a good two hours ahead; I personally prefer to aim for 3 hours as a buffer for unexpected happenings.

BGI may be smallish but I have flown out of there a number of times and the queues to check in / bag drop move at the usual island speed - slow and slower. You still have to queue even if you have checked in online.

The enhanced security seems to have been coming into play over the past few weeks - I have flown into the US several times and there have definitely been more frequent baggage hand searches / explosives swabbing / questions asked than there used to be, so I'm not sure there's going to be a sudden change today.

I definitely would be at BGI a good two hours ahead; I personally prefer to aim for 3 hours as a buffer for unexpected happenings.

Those LINES at Barbados... !!

We've never seen anything like that, except for when there are massive weather delays everywhere and flights are cancelled/rescheduled all over.

We'll always leave extra time there.

And although our flight was in December, it wasn't holiday time yet. I can't imagine that...

GC