Passport control

Pearl64

we are booked on Delta from Atlanta to Amsterdam and then on KLM to Budapest. I know our second flight is actually considered a “domestic” flight. Question is where will we go through passport control where they will stamp our passports? I have read we will enter Budapest in the Terminal where there is no passport control. I know we must get our passports stamped or can have issues trying to return home. I just need to know all the logistics. We have only connected through AMS on our way home not the other way around. Thank you in advance.

Passport control when you land at AMS. You will enter the Schengen Zone there. That is why your flight to BUD is considered domestic.

When you fly home you will get your passport stamped when leaving the Schengen Zone. If you flying the same route in reverse that would be AMS.

Thanks, everyone. On the way back home We fly through CDG beginning in Prague so I am assuming that that is where we will have passport control but will not have to retrieve bags until we hit our first US airport. We only have two hours so we shall not dawdle.