Shore Extension question

doug52

So, currently we are booking everything through PG for both pre and post stays on our trip next May. Our plan is to fly in on a red eye and spend one night at the IC in their superior lagoon view room they show on their website.

I just noticed the rather large price difference of booking a morning arrival over an evening arrival. For one night it amounts to an extra $260 for the two of us. I don't see what additional benefit we are getting for arriving on the morning flight versus the evening to justify this cost difference. My question is, do we get an early check in on our arrival or do we get an extra breakfast that morning?

I get that we will have use of the facilities all day, but we would also if we booked separately and we would not be charged any more for arriving early morning. In fact, it looks like we are paying about double the price for booking through PG versus doing it ourselves. And, I know we are getting transfers and at least one breakfast and a lunch so I am OK with that difference, just don't understand why PG is charging us so much more for arriving on the early morning flight.

I probably should just call PG but I thought I would float the question here first.

Thanks,

Doug

So, currently we are booking everything through PG for both pre and post stays on our trip next May. Our plan is to fly in on a red eye and spend one night at the IC in their superior lagoon view room they show on their website.

I just noticed the rather large price difference of booking a morning arrival over an evening arrival. For one night it amounts to an extra $260 for the two of us. I don't see what additional benefit we are getting for arriving on the morning flight versus the evening to justify this cost difference. My question is, do we get an early check in on our arrival or do we get an extra breakfast that morning?

I get that we will have use of the facilities all day, but we would also if we booked separately and we would not be charged any more for arriving early morning. In fact, it looks like we are paying about double the price for booking through PG versus doing it ourselves. And, I know we are getting transfers and at least one breakfast and a lunch so I am OK with that difference, just don't understand why PG is charging us so much more for arriving on the early morning flight.

I probably should just call PG but I thought I would float the question here first.

Thanks,

Doug

Call PG as this is really a question only they can answer. I probably have the answer but it’s best to get it from the horses mouth ...

Thanks, I will call them because if there is no additional benefit to us, I will change to the evening arrival and spend two nights at the IC instead of one. The additional cost to do that is only $75 per person(over the cost of the morning arrival) and we would get a good nights sleep versus the red eye. Plus we would get an extra breakfast per person. I think that is correct as I determined below:

Morning arrival for Superior Lagoon room:

$445 per person or $890 for one night

Evening arrival for Superior Lagoon room for 2 nights:

$315 per person for one night

$205 per person for an extra night

$1040 total

Difference of $150 total or $75 per person plus we get an extra breakfast per person. I don't know why I wouldn't do this anyway but I do want to know what PG says.

If you are staying in the region for some time prior to,and after your cruise there are lots of options that you can book yourself that should save some serious $. You should post on Tripadvisor as the private message function allows for some great suggestions.

I did look into booking the Hilton Moorea independently but then I found and got a good deal on the Vahine Private Island resort through PG for 4 nights post cruise. I decided to just go with PG's program for both before and after the cruise, especially since this is our first time to these islands. I like and don't mind spending extra to have PG take care of everything for us.

But still, I don't understand their pre cruise pricing so I plan on calling them first thing tomorrow and probably changing to an evening arrival for two nights versus the morning arrival and one night.

I will report back what they tell me.

Thanks,

Doug

Just got off the phone with PG and they informed me you do get to check into your room as soon as you arrive after the transfer. So, there is a benefit which is not spelled out on their web site. You do not get breakfast that day, but you can get some sleep after the red eye flight.:D

However, I think I am going to change us to the evening arrival for 2 nights so we can sleep in a bed and enjoy a full day at the resort. The additional cost of $150 for us is well spent to sleep in a bed versus on the plane, and we will get breakfast included for both days.

Doug

Just got off the phone with PG and they informed me you do get to check into your room as soon as you arrive after the transfer. So, there is a benefit which is not spelled out on their web site. You do not get breakfast that day, but you can get some sleep after the red eye flight.:D

However, I think I am going to change us to the evening arrival for 2 nights so we can sleep in a bed and enjoy a full day at the resort. The additional cost of $150 for us is well spent to sleep in a bed versus on the plane, and we will get breakfast included for both days.

Doug

Pretty much what I thought but it was best to go straight to the horses mouth.