Really, MSC??

DCLCrazy

I heard about the status matching promotion with this cruise line. I applied like they asked, including all documentation. I never heard back from them. I called them today and felt like it was an office, not a reservation line. I was put on hold and transferred four different times. I finally gave up and hung up the phone on the fourth transfer. If they’re looking for business from the American market, this is not the way to do it. Yuck! Get it together, MSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mmmmmm...maybe I missed something. Did you say you have actually booked a cruise with MSC??

I haven’t even gotten that far and I’ve already had it with their company. I was simply checking on my status match acceptance because I never heard back from them.

They have a website for status match just fill out the papers and email it back in and you should get a confirmation when they receive it. I loved cruising with MSC so much iwhile I was on the boat I booked the new seaside.

They have a website for status match just fill out the papers and email it back in and you should get a confirmation when they receive it. I loved cruising with MSC so much iwhile I was on the boat I booked the new seaside.

I’ve done that already.

Don't give up on MSC. There are reports that their customer service is not their strong suit (although we've not had any problems). We were on Divina last March and loved it. Sailing their new ship, Seaside, this coming March and can't wait.

I loved the Divina we booked Seaside for April.. I hope they have the same pizza.

When I first applied it also went nowhere so I had to re-submit a couple months later. DW's went through in a couple days after I re-submitted mine.

You're correct the website is absolutely awful , but be patient . They will , eventually , get it straightened out ! That is such a shame that they can't get the glitches out but we have always had great customer service representatives when we phoned them. Again , pack your patience . Once you get through the rough stuff you will love the actual cruise !

Like others, I didn't hear from my status match for over a week. I resubmitted it, and it got done within the next 2 days. I did my DH's the next week, and his was done in 24 hours.

On a note, unless you WON'T book MSC unless they are going to match you at Black Status, you can status match anytime before your cruise and it will count. I didn't want to take the chance of loosing the room I wanted, and they were having a 1/2 deposit sale when I booked, and hadn't even thought about the status match at that point.

Once it was finally done, my TA applied it and the final payment was minus the 5%.

Yes, MSC website is horrible!! If you do book, a tip before you do, you cannot log in with your account for your cruise, you have to use your booking number. Silly? Yes, but if you look around here on the MSC forums you can and will find the tips and tricks to get around all the issues pretty easily.

I heard about the status matching promotion with this cruise line. I applied like they asked, including all documentation. I never heard back from them. I called them today and felt like it was an office, not a reservation line. I was put on hold and transferred four different times. I finally gave up and hung up the phone on the fourth transfer. If they’re looking for business from the American market, this is not the way to do it. Yuck! Get it together, MSC.

Consider yourself lucky. run as far away from MSC as you can. this is the worst run cruiseline in the world. just off Divina, and to say it is the Spirit Air of the cruise world is an insult to spirit. they have no business marketing to Americans. they might get them once, but not a second time. run to any other cruise line. the staff is leaving the ships in droves. they claim they don't see any of the tips. there could be 2 reasons for this. 1) MSC is holding back from them. 2) people opted out of tips because of the poorest service ever.

Consider yourself lucky. run as far away from MSC as you can. this is the worst run cruiseline in the world. just off Divina, and to say it is the Spirit Air of the cruise world is an insult to spirit.

To each their own I suppose. I have sailed the Divina 7 times so far not to mention other MSC ships. It's one of my favorites. I too have spent time talking to the staff. Things are far from perfect onboard but I personally haven't encountered the disaster that you elude to. I will have to admit though that the ones I get to know personally are bartenders. Guess that explains my bar bill. ;) Can't speak for the other staff.

Bret

Consider yourself lucky. run as far away from MSC as you can. this is the worst run cruiseline in the world. just off Divina, and to say it is the Spirit Air of the cruise world is an insult to spirit. they have no business marketing to Americans. they might get them once, but not a second time. run to any other cruise line. the staff is leaving the ships in droves. they claim they don't see any of the tips. there could be 2 reasons for this. 1) MSC is holding back from them. 2) people opted out of tips because of the poorest service ever.

and yet you're offering no explanation as to what was wrong with your cruise? Post after post of 'worst cruise line' but no detail why. Not the most helpful. Keep on going with the trolling though.

and yet you're offering no explanation as to what was wrong with your cruise? Post after post of 'worst cruise line' but no detail why. Not the most helpful. Keep on going with the trolling though.

She expressed discomfort with "multiple languages" being spoken aboard in another thread. Assuming she's being honest, I suspect the problem lies in the fact that MSC offers a much more European experience than many insular Americans are used to. All of her complaints point in that direction.

She expressed discomfort with "multiple languages" being spoken aboard in another thread. Assuming she's being honest, I suspect the problem lies in the fact that MSC offers a much more European experience than many insular Americans are used to. All of her complaints point in that direction.

It is hard for me to buy this for anyone to discredit MSC. Walking down any street in any bustling North American city you can encounter multiple languages being spoken.

The only issue I have with people defending MSC is when there is talk about 'the European experience" there is a standard that Carnival,NCL, DCL, RCCL, Celebrity, Princess ALL more or less meet regardless of your shipping origins to compete directly in this market.

Levels of service relating to website/on ship experience website availability and assistance are something every cruise line struggles with at time or has detractors from.

While I won't cruise MSC again anytime soon they are filling a niche and doing it well enough to satisfy many Americans.