Just off Arcadia

claudiniusmaximus

Hi Folks

Just had a lovely four night Cruise on Arcadia post-refit so thought would post.

We did a 17 night on aurora earlier this year and decided after it that we probably wouldn’t do p&o again. There was nothing particularly wrong with that one just not very special - not huge fans of Aurora. But we already had this four night cruise booked so...

After this cruise we have changed our mind and would definitely sail with p&o again. The ship was looking lovely. The refit looks great - most of the carpets in the public areas have been changed I think, the foyer is looking fresh and a bit snazzier. Overall the ship looks bright and spacious and clean, plenty of open space. The piano bar refit has brightened that space up, the furniture is modern and cream and blue in line with the crows nest.

Intermezzo has opened up as well - the large purple sofas blocking the windows have gone. The space looks like it’s perfect for a glass house now. The downside to that change is that most of the seating there looks like restaurant seating rather than a bar/lounge so not somewhere to lounge and watch the world go by, more somewhere to play cards or eat a meal (if they served food there).

The headliners were amazing. The best I’ve ever seen on a ship (miles better than on the aurora). The staging and light shows were fab and just overall very professional - we were so impressed. There was a guest ukelele band that were also absolutely brilliant.

Our room was huge (G083) for standard outside cabin. Food was good in main dining room, buffet predictably poor. Didnt try speciality dining.

Unfortunately the leaks are still everywhere. We spotted five buckets catching water dripping from ceilings (pouring at one location). Our corridor had problems with hot water but we got £40 pp on board credit as apology.

Lots and lots of toilets out of order. The signs always said it was due to foreign objects being flushed but this wasn’t always the case (I reported one toilet broken because the flush itself didn’t work ie when you pressed there was no “push” so it didn’t flush - nothing to do with foreign object blocking it but they still put that sign up blaming passengers).

If they could just sort out there plumbing problems once and for all it would have been perfect.

We are already looking for another three or four night cruise to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm glad you had a nice time aboard the newly refreshed Arcadia. Unfortunately Vista class ships all seem to have plumbing issues. They are the bane of Holland America Line. We have Aurora and Arcadia in common and I liked both equally, and maybe Aurora a little better. I'm on Ventura next, so we will see how she sails.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Yes I really liked intermezzo before as well it was quite plush but I do like the fact the windows are opened up in there now. There are still a couple of armchairs and sofas in there just not as many (and more in keeping with the colour and design of the rest of the ship).

Ahhhh. I didn’t realise that about the vista class ships. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums