Anyone know the drink prices for MSC Seaside

CanuckGirl78

We're going on Seaside on Dec 23rd (maiden voyage!!) and considering buying the all-inclusive classic package A as our travel agent said the average price for a cocktail/glass of wine is $15 USD. But looking at some of the menus posted here (although most are in Euros so it's hard to tell!), that seems high. I think I saw a photo showing cocktail/wine close to $7-$9 USD.

Is our travel agent just completely off or is this accurate? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth doing the unlimited package or just buy our drinks a la carte.

Thanks!

Thanks all! It looks like the average price is $6-$8 +15% so i’m not sure where our travel agent got $15??

Also, we’re going on a kids-sail-free promotion. I noticed when I look at the drink packages, the children’s unlimited package has no cost to it. I figure either (1) since it’s the kids-sail-free promotion, MSC won’t charge if we purchase them a bottle of water/juice/hot chocolate a la carte or using a package, or (2) the children’s package is free only if the parents buy their package too. If we don’t buy the packages, then we’re paying out of pocket on board for us & our children.

Does anyone know which one is correct (or is neither correct?)? Depending on whether we need to pay for kids’ drinks a la carte but not the packages will really change the #s and make the decision on whether to purchase the package or not.

Thanks all! It looks like the average price is $6-$8 +15% so i’m not sure where our travel agent got $15??

Also, we’re going on a kids-sail-free promotion. I noticed when I look at the drink packages, the children’s unlimited package has no cost to it. I figure either (1) since it’s the kids-sail-free promotion, MSC won’t charge if we purchase them a bottle of water/juice/hot chocolate a la carte or using a package, or (2) the children’s package is free only if the parents buy their package too. If we don’t buy the packages, then we’re paying out of pocket on board for us & our children.

Does anyone know which one is correct (or is neither correct?)? Depending on whether we need to pay for kids’ drinks a la carte but not the packages will really change the #s and make the decision on whether to purchase the package or not.

If you are looking at the soft drink package, the very last line says "Same as Adult version of the package" Which is $84. Kids don't get free soft drinks, wish that were true though! We are looking at the different packages also to make the best choice.

Perhaps your TA is thinking of the drink prices on Royal Caribbean. I seen those Divina drink prices and was surprised to see how much lower they were compared to RCI.

And the service charge on RCI is 18%

So a $13 drink on Royal...and many cocktails are, + 18% is $15.34 USD. Thats just south of $20 CAD

dp

Edited by dpostman