Aurora Baltic Cruise

Renabegina

Hi, we are planning on booking a Baltic cruise on the Aurora for my 50th birthday, I'm a bit nervous as the write-up implies that the passengers tend to be older possibly elderly. This will be our first cruise and I want it to be special. Any advice would be welcome.

Hi there. My wife and I did an Aurora Baltic cruise last June. I'd say the average age is definately 50+ but I'm sure you won't feel that you've ended up in St Peter's waiting room ! Certainly a younger age group than Fred Olsen and Saga.

I'm positive that you will enjoy it. Aurora is a lovely ship. When you get to Tallin just take the shuttle bus into town and stroll round the old walled part of town. It is absolutely beautiful - a highlight of the cruise.

What time of the year are you travelling. We did the Baltic on Crown Princess last August. There was a good age mix with families. Your first cruise is always the best so i'm sure you'll have a great time.

Hello there first time cruiser!

if its any help my husband and i ( mid 40's 'ish') with a 13 & 11 year old have booked Aurora 3 July. We have cruised many times before. Granted 'up north' does tend to appeal to a more senior clientele but with 1700 passengers not all fall into that category! 3 years ago we cruised on Oriana to Iceland end of June/start July and it was excellent. Chilly weather sometimes though. There were only 27 kids on board which was ideal as last year we did the Med on Celebrity - 400 + kids and even as a caring mum that was too many!!! The ports of call really appeal to us this year. Great chance to see Russia as we wouldn't go there via any other route. Were are returning to P&O as Celebrity was just too ' Amercianised' for us. Nice but not as sincere as P&O. Hope they haven't changed in the past 3 years!

We are booking for 3 July on Aurura, I'm just waiting for my husband to come home so we can finalise it, I've been hogging the P&O site all afternoon. I'm so excited and the more I hear the more excited I get (like a big kid). Many thanks for everyone's advice.

Archived