Anthem - walk onto the ship - how steep?

Reason why I am asking is that I am slowly recovering from a leg injury and want to be prepared versus taken by surprised (and subsequently having to stop while others pass around us). This will be our 1st time at Cape Liberty and was wondering just how steep the walk onto the ship it (past experiences has been RCI out of Lauderdale which isn't that bad as long as long as you take it steadily.

We were on Anthem last month, and the gangway was virtually level. I'm glad for you, OP, and hope that your recovery goes well. I have to say, though, that I was very disappointed by this because there's something about walking up a steep gangway to board a ship that is exciting -- it's a very clear break from land and it just really kicks off the cruise for me. :D

Reason why I am asking is that I am slowly recovering from a leg injury and want to be prepared versus taken by surprised (and subsequently having to stop while others pass around us). This will be our 1st time at Cape Liberty and was wondering just how steep the walk onto the ship it (past experiences has been RCI out of Lauderdale which isn't that bad as long as long as you take it steadily.

I hope the injury did not occur as part of your dancing!

We just got off The Anthem yesterday and I agree the Gangway getting on and off were very level.

Getting off and on in CocoCay and Nassau were totally different ! (Providing those are your stops)

Going from the ship to the Tender boat in CocoCay was very wobbly , so that will depend on how rough the seas are that day ( we were very happy to say we got to stop in CocoCay because the Seas have been too rough for the ship to stop there lately)

Getting off in Nassau was a steep incline , but there were also people there to help you walk down if you found it too steep.

I agree if you still feel you need support by that time to ask for a wheelchair, you don't wanna hurt yourself and not be able to enjoy the rest of your vacation . Hope that helps :D

Request a wheelchair. The steepness of the gangway will depend on the tides and level of water in the harbor.

There is walking through zig zag lines, escalators, and the gangway to get to the ship.

Ride in style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk