Lobster Night

banditz

On the Majesty, they had lobster available every night...the catch: $29. I had it one night and it wasn't worth the price.

That is the live maine lobster, not the free warm-water tails served free on the 2nd formal night.

• 2 months later...
Just got off Ovation and there was NO lobster night, except for the Chops paid lobster.

The policy in the past has been to offer the "free" lobster on cruises of 5 nights and longer based out of the US.

I think it was on the cruise before the Majesty repo but they had a crazy huge paella iron bowl of lobster tails in the Windjammer. And they were STELLAR lobster tails.

I normally don't care much for lobster unless I'm in Maine, in season. But those lobster tails was insanely good.

I am sure this that frequent Maine for fresh lobster are not really into the trails they offer, but my family loved them, since in Iowa, if we get fresh seafood, it is really expensive. We can get these tails like they offer (warm water, frozen), but just don't do it often.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

DH likes his seafood so that is disappointing. But the shrimp cocktail every night often only gluten free starter except fruit. If the shrimp and lobster so bad, Is there any fish in MDR worth eating?

Not gluten free, bit I like the seafood linguini.

Really not encouraging. Guess he could order that w/o the pasta. At least someone stated likes some seafood item. Salmon is Atlantic (meaning farm raised) and neither of us will touch per doctors orders.Hoping some fish of day items can be fixed for him. The pics of shrimp in bowl at lunch in MDR do not look bad. But if half raw like Celebrity will not be good. We had steward microwave them a little then we refrigerated. Like magic were good.

Let’s get real. There’s no free lobster. There’s lobster tails with meat you have to examine with a microscope.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the Liberty and the lobster was on day 6. The tails were anything but microscopic. They were quite large. They must have made quite a few more than people ordered. We were the second seating and after everybody had their entree, they were coming around with a second lobster tail (or first if you ordered something else) for anybody who wanted one.

DH likes his seafood so that is disappointing. But the shrimp cocktail every night often only gluten free starter except fruit. If the shrimp and lobster so bad, Is there any fish in MDR worth eating?

I was on Freedom/ on the Lobster tail night we ordered 2 (one comes with the order) and asked the waiter to take them out of the shell and he did at the table. They were good. (not over or under cooked.)

There are lots of references to Maine lobster in this thread. The reality is that cruise ships want to be able to put a lobster tail on your plate as cheap as possible. Most of the lobster tails for cruise ship lines come from lobster fishing areas 24 in northern Prince Edward Island Canada. This fishing area has the smallest carapace size permissible in North America for Homarus americanus,

There are lots of references to Maine lobster in this thread. The reality is that cruise ships want to be able to put a lobster tail on your plate as cheap as possible. Most of the lobster tails for cruise ship lines come from lobster fishing areas 24 in northern Prince Edward Island Canada. This fishing area has the smallest carapace size permissible in North America for Homarus americanus,

Royal does not use the name "Maine lobster" for the "free" lobster they serve one night per cruise in the Main Dining Room. However, they do use the name Main lobster for the extra cost ($30) option that's available every night.

They are not the same lobsters as Maine lobsters. They don't have the big claws.

Also known as Longusta or Longustina or Spiny Lobster. In some countries, they are billed as Crayfish (which are nothing like US crayfish/crawdads).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiny_lobster

The ones on Grandeur in August were a nice size. And they served 2 to start (waiter had ordered more plates than guest and was taking one from one plate to add to the other plate), and then he came back with a 3rd one.

Being from NE I never eat seafood outside of NE. And paying $30 for a lobster tail - oh heck no!!

Where are those periods when you need them lol! (NE vs N.E.)

I was like, Nebraska? Somebody will only eat seafood they get in Nebraska???

More like a giant shrimp.

df56b44320b4c6805979ae6c204d45c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow! That does look like shrimp. The ones I see even frozen in Aldi would take up half the plate.