Photo needed for online checkin

flamingos

I went to begin my online check-in for my April cruise and it now requires me to upload a photo, or take one with my webcam.

Will this be instead of the one they take at the port, or in addition to? Are there any parameters for the photo?

I went to begin my online check-in for my April cruise and it now requires me to upload a photo, or take one with my webcam.

Will this be instead of the one they take at the port, or in addition to? Are there any parameters for the photo?

It is instead of the one taken at the port however they will still take one at the port if necessary. I seem to recall there being some guidelines for the photo that were listed.

I had to load a photo on for online checking as well but when I got to the gate to check-in in New Jersey at Bayonne they told me they had a load another picture so I guess even though you load one they might load another one at the Bayonne gate when you get there

Sent from my SM-T377V using Forums mobile app

Same with credit cards. You list on line and then they require a cc at actual check-in at port.

I didn't even see the option of uploading a photo during my check in process this morning. Is that specific to the ship? Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

I didn't even see the option of uploading a photo during my check in process this morning. Is that specific to the ship? Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Only a few ships have the photo uploading capability.

Thanks. I guess it should be just a head shot. I must say, uploading a photo of myself opened up so many possibilities..... :-)

There are very specific guidelines for your picture, they are on the website as part of the upload process. It has to be a head and shoulders picture on a plain, white/light colored background. It can not be cropped from another picture.

Just go into the online checkin and it tells you exactly what you need.

Huh, I wasn't asked to provide a photo when we checked in. I wonder which ships use this, and if having a passport makes a difference?

Carnival must use your passport photo, since I was never asked to provide one but my friends traveling with birth certificates had photos taken (quickly) on the way to the gangway.

Side note: I wonder why Royal asks you your occupation, what time you expect to arrive and what time you expect to depart the terminal? I was tempted to enter that we were planning on departing at noon; somehow I doubt they'd let us crash in our stateroom 'til 11 am. :D

... Side note: I wonder why Royal asks you your occupation, what time you expect to arrive and what time you expect to depart the terminal? I was tempted to enter that we were planning on departing at noon; somehow I doubt they'd let us crash in our stateroom 'til 11 am. :D

I believe they ask you your arrival and departure times in order to pop-up a warning if the times entered are out of line.

Hoping someone can please advise, Just tried to upload for my group of 6, the photos come thru on the online check in as landscape, ie they are on the side, not portrait, even tho my photos are all in portrait and should come thro ok,

Any suggestions, was going to call RCCL but they're not available till Monday :(

Karen

Hoping someone can please advise, Just tried to upload for my group of 6, the photos come thru on the online check in as landscape, ie they are on the side, not portrait, even tho my photos are all in portrait and should come thro ok,

Any suggestions, was going to call RCCL but they're not available till Monday :(

Karen

I would not worry about it, the photo upload is optional. Saves you about 30 seconds at check-in.

Karen

You do not need to take a photo. It will take all of 15 seconds for the agent to do it when you check in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Huh, I wasn't asked to provide a photo when we checked in. I wonder which ships use this, and if having a passport makes a difference?

Carnival must use your passport photo, since I was never asked to provide one but my friends traveling with birth certificates had photos taken (quickly) on the way to the gangway.

Side note: I wonder why Royal asks you your occupation, what time you expect to arrive and what time you expect to depart the terminal? I was tempted to enter that we were planning on departing at noon; somehow I doubt they'd let us crash in our stateroom 'til 11 am. :D

Passport will not make a difference. As part of their security protocol they will compare your “check-in” photo against the person presenting their Sea Pass card whenever it is used.

The reason they request arrival/departure times is so that they have an idea of what to expect for traffic flow for embarkation/debarkation.