First time Cruise

sllaryiscruisin

I'll offer a little guidance. (I hope)

First, decide where you want to cruise. Alaska, Europe, Caribbean or ???

What do you want to get from a cruise? History, scenery, fun and sun?

What is your budget?

How long do you want the cruise to be?

Then, visit a good local travel agent and pick up those lovely glossy brochures. Read them. Dream a little.

Ask specific questions.

Our first cruise was to Alaska. It was beautiful. Our second cruise was Caribbean. Since then, all our cruises have been in Europe. We love history, scenery, good food and wine. We always stay a few days (at least) in the area our cruise embarks from.

You will get lots of advice on this forum - some good, some not so good.

Take your time. Ask lots of questions. Read reviews. Take everything with a grain of salt.

I hope you love your first (of many) cruises!

Close your eyes. Behind those eyelids, what are you seeing when you think of cruising? What do you imagine yourself doing? That's what you need to put into words and tell us, so that we can help you make a decision. EM

I would not pick one of the super large ships for my first cruise, that might be a little overwhelming , lots of lines and ships , we cruise many lines and have been cruising for 40 years , might want to pick something close to your city if possible . Our favorite line is rccl and I would pick a voyager class ship which is medium size ship for them , rccl I believe has the best entertainment . Most of our 60 plus cruises have been Caribbean, we perfer to relax more than any other thing . Ships have a wide range of cabins from small inside to suites bigger than many peoples houses. This board is a great source of information.

Early Spring is not that far away, so you may find that the best cabins and lowest prices have already gone. Unlike most other holidays, cruisers tend to book very early (18 months in advance) and are particular about exactly which cabin they want. Totally different to booking into a hotel where you have little say in which room you get given.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app