First Disney Cruise, lots of questions

Cruzin' Rob

Just booked our first Disney Cruise (we have a 2 year old). I have tons of questions.

We sail Jan. 12, 2019 on Fantasy

1) when can we book reservations for different dinners

2) we were placed on late sitting for dinner, we want to get on early seating, will it open up? Do you think we can get on early seating before the cruise or once we get on board?

3) We want to do a date night without our son, he is 2, is the nursery pretty good? How quick do they fill up?

4) what activities are a must do on this cruise/ship?

What else do we need to know about our first Disney Cruise???

Just booked our first Disney Cruise (we have a 2 year old). I have tons of questions.

We sail Jan. 12' date=' 2019 on Fantasy

1) when can we book reservations for different dinners Do you mean the adult dining? Palo/Remy can be booked once your booking window opens. For first time cruisers that's at 75 days out. You can pre-book one dinner and one brunch at each adult dining venue pre-cruise.

2) we were placed on late sitting for dinner, we want to get on early seating, will it open up? Do you think we can get on early seating before the cruise or once we get on board? Call DCL and ask to be put on the wait list for early dining. You have a fair chance of getting it. Especially if you call up randomly and "confirm" that you're on the wait list. Occasionally, you can hit a sympathetic CM who will go ahead and change you. If the wait list doesn't come through before your cruise, you can go to where the dining changes are handled once onboard and see if they can switch you at that time.

3) We want to do a date night without our son, he is 2, is the nursery pretty good? How quick do they fill up?Everyone has a maximum number of hours they can book at the nursery pre-cruise (to insure that everyone gets a chance to book something). For a 7 night cruise that's 18 hours. Once onboard, you can book additional hours.

4) what activities are a must do on this cruise/ship?

What else do we need to know about our first Disney Cruise???

See my answers in red.

Since you already have answers to most of your questions, I will just answer number 4. At 2, my son enjoyed open house in the kids club, character meets, wakeup with Disney junior and the live bands. For me, the (regular included) dining and shows are must dos. The attention to detail in designing the spaces and in service is amazing on DCL.