Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Thanks Pete, that is fantastic for all to see. I am somewhat worried about 4500 people on the ship but thank God I can hide in my area with a Butler delivered ice cream. We are loners and were blessed that we found this cabin and price was half of other lines balcony cabins. I am disabled and look forward to watching all the others have fun on the water sports etc.

My best answer is to give you a link to my review of my cruise on her in a cabin the same as yours.

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=12438

Hope this gives you an insight to the YC on Meraviglia

pete

ps

i'l try to sort out picture of the position of your cabin tomorrow for you

Here is the image I promised

meraviglia%2016014.jpg

image courtesy of Daily Mail

Pete

Just a simple request if anyone or especially Pete knows, we are cruising in 9099 on the Seaside so would appreciate any information on that room there would be three of us and wonder if the couch is a bunk bed configuration or just a couch made up. Thank you so much for all of you with so much knowledge.

Just a simple request if anyone or especially Pete knows, we are cruising in 9099 on the Seaside so would appreciate any information on that room there would be three of us and wonder if the couch is a bunk bed configuration or just a couch made up. Thank you so much for all of you with so much knowledge.

The third/fourth guests are accommodated on a double sofa bed , according to the deck plans

We’ve booked on the MSC Divina. Looking at our room location we appear to be on a corner balcony, mid ship, room 10233. It’s a larger balcony but I’ve read that it’s only a 90 view. My husband seems to think it will be a good thing, I’m not so sure. Thoughts? When I booked it only showed 10233 and one other room a few doors down that was handicap accessible and I didn’t want to take that one incase someone needed it. Now I see room 11191 is available. Will they let me move to a different room if I call? Would this be a better choice? Thanks in advance!

We’ve booked on the MSC Divina. Looking at our room location we appear to be on a corner balcony, mid ship, room 10233. It’s a larger balcony but I’ve read that it’s only a 90 view. My husband seems to think it will be a good thing, I’m not so sure. Thoughts? When I booked it only showed 10233 and one other room a few doors down that was handicap accessible and I didn’t want to take that one incase someone needed it. Now I see room 11191 is available. Will they let me move to a different room if I call? Would this be a better choice? Thanks in advance!

Cabin 10233 is a much sort after cabin because of it large balcony 124sq. ft. ( a standard balcony is 42 sq. ft.)

True it has only forward views but this is thought of to be a good trade off for the balcony size.

You will have the luxury of an area of sunshine as well as a shady area because the overhang from deck 14 should have little affect on the balcony

I would say that 10233 would be preferable to 11191 because of the large balcony.

The balcony will be like this

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

this is a picture of a deck 13 large balcony so is considerably more shaded than 10233 would be.

there is an image of the forward view from a balcony such as yours so I will try to find it for you.

I would say that 10233 is a better overall cabin than 11191 even allowing for the trade off of all around views for a large balcony.

Just my thought , you will have to think about the trade off for yourself

hope this helps

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for the slight delay in answering you but I was away from home at a family gathering to scatter my mother's ashes.

Here is an image of the opposite side of the ship and I have marked the balcony equivalent to yours (15214).

As you can see it will be affected by the deck 16 overhang but not as badly as say the cabin five further forward.

To avoid the overhang I'd opt to go down at least 1 deck but better to go down 2 decks

sesidde%2015215_2.jpg

sorry for the slight delay in answering you but I was away from home at a family gathering to scatter my mother's ashes.

Here is an image of the opposite side of the ship and I have marked the balcony equivalent to yours (15214).

As you can see it will be affected by the deck 16 overhang but not as badly as say the cabin five further forward.

To avoid the overhang I'd opt to go down at least 1 deck but better to go down 2 decks

sesidde%2015215_2.jpg

Sorry to hear about your mom. God bless your family with peace.

Sorry to hear your sad news, Pete. I hope your mother had a peaceful passing. I'm sure it was nice to have her for as long as you did (I know you're a little older than me as you were cruising before I was born).

Sorry to hear your sad news, Pete. I hope your mother had a peaceful passing. I'm sure it was nice to have her for as long as you did (I know you're a little older than me as you were cruising before I was born).

Thank you for your kind thoughts

Pete

Does anyone know if all the S3 Aurea Suite cabins have the tub/shower combo with the weird half glass partition? I have read that the bathroom floor ends up being a mess what with all the water splashing around. Thanks!

Which Ship?

• 3 weeks later...