Seaside reviews

abby1257

Hi Jennmaybe,

Are you also reading all the positive reviews?? Seems like you have limited your investigation to negative reviews. I keep an eye on the Cruise Critic Member Reviews and find most of them to be positive and many to be raves. You have to be able to see through some of the negative reviews...a lot of them have a specific axe to grind over some incident that happened. I read a 1 star review on another site that complained about the customer service desk and an unresolved matter but they did say they liked the food, cabin and entertainment but still gave the review 1 star...go figure!

Yes, I read a lot of the reviews, both positive and negative. That's why I haven't canceled our cruise. I know there are some folks out there that will complain no matter what. :D

You wrote that you booked a Seaside cruise back in 2017 and cancelled it after reading bad reviews. Now it seems that you do exactly the same thing again... Sorry but this is a bit strange for me.;)

I agree with what Cgtnormandie wrote before - the reviews are quite good recently. And in my opinion some cruisers (or better call them professional complainers) really look for the one big issue they can write about to make their holiday as worse as possible...;)

You need to re-read my original post. I did not say that we booked a Seaside cruise. I said "that ship". I don't remember which ship it was, but it was not Seaside.

We board the Seaside in less than 30 days.

My enjoyment and ultimate satisfaction for the whole trip is 100% dependent on the oatmeal that I will eat for breakfast.

Should make for a quick review.

I will let you know soon after I get back.

Hey Dodger64-

I will amazon your favorite oatmeal to the comfort of your home and take all the risk on Seaside...Lol

Relax at home eating your favorite oatmeal, leave all the horrible cruising to us who enjoy punishment!

Sheeeze, the amout on petty things folks will post about.

Yeah, I get the tack 64 is playing...but heard crazy on the ship and tons more on this board....remember the butter & salt horror!!!

Never saw a bad sunset, always a 10 outta 10.

Relax folks, the earth spins around the sun...not you nor the US.

Enjoy your cruise!

My enjoyment and ultimate satisfaction for the whole trip is 100% dependent on the oatmeal that I will eat for breakfast.

Why does every thread on this board have to have someone take a jab at "US folks" or "Americans"? Bad food, service and the stench of sewage is a universal problem. It has an effect on your vacation regardless of which country you are from. But if that is what you expect out of your "Euro-centric cruise experience" more power to you.

Agreed on the stench of sewage. But service and food are both subjective. The service part is being discussed in a thread I started a few days ago. The food criticism seems to be whether they have food recognizable to the American palate (JimZim's pizza criticism, for example). I'm looking forward to having a risotto option every night. When I'm on vacation, I get excited if I can eat food I don't eat at home. Seems like experiencing new things is good. Otherwise why did you leave home?

The food criticism seems to be whether they have food recognizable to the American palate (JimZim's pizza criticism, for example).

There are so many different types of Americans, it's impossible for any type of pizza to appeal to everyone.

I liked the pizza, Jim did not (he had buffet pizza, I didn't) but neither of us is more American than the other.

Sorry a YC twist. I know this will sound too much of cheerleading but here goes. I am a southern boy, so grits instead of hash browns is a big deal. I actually made a comment to my Yankee wife that the grits I had in the Seaside YC restaurant were the best I ever had.

Dennis

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

I am a very "seasoned" cruiser.... looking forward to my first on MSC in October. I have been reading some of the posts.... maybe I am not the typical, but... I am going with an open mind and look forward to being and doing a "first" on a ship and cruise line. Since I live in a US city where English is NOT the primary language, I am not concerned about some of the postings read here.... also anytime I have gone on a ships' "maiden" voyage... there are issues.... just a "given". Also, have always enjoyed traveling to other countries... so looking forward to some experiences that are "way" out of the "box". Hope to see some of you "happy" cruisers on board.

LOL LOL LOL!! Believe it or not...the guy really said that the oat meal wasn’t hot enough and it really ruined his cruise. I was speechless...and had everything I could do to keep my seat and not fall down in tears of laughter!

Well, oatmeal would REALLY ruin my cruise -big time! As in - I DESPISE the stuff. HATE it!!!! :evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile: Well, I guess I won't order the oatmeal. Problem solved. :p

Since I live in a US city where English is NOT the primary language, I am not concerned about some of the postings read here....

I also live in a U.S. city where English is not the primary language, but it is MY primary language. Doesn't bother me a bit, I'm so used to it. When I told dh about ppls concerns and gripes over this, we had a good laugh - he said the same thing "no big deal, I'm used to it".

I sailed on the Seaside in June in non Yacht club. We were out outside Fantistica. First MSC cruise for us and we were apprehensive due to reviews. We love love loved our cruise as did most of the other cruisers we mingled with. I would go again in a heartbeat!

Well, oatmeal would REALLY ruin my cruise -big time! As in - I DESPISE the stuff. HATE it!!!! :evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile: Well, I guess I won't order the oatmeal. Problem solved. :p

Don’t we wish that life could be that easy...LOL. Some folks are not happy unless they are complaining...gen if it’s about oatmeal.:')

I also live in a U.S. city where English is not the primary language, but it is MY primary language. Doesn't bother me a bit, I'm so used to it. When I told dh about ppls concerns and gripes over this, we had a good laugh - he said the same thing "no big deal, I'm used to it".

OMG, what cities do you live in? I have lived all around the USA and have seen things change. Many people we talk to now from outside the USA ar saying their country is drastically changing, too.

I actually looked at booking the MSC Seaside for a group cruise in December. Some of the other members of my cruising group were apprehensive about an unknown (to them) cruise line and we decided on a different line.

Out of the blue my S-I-L brought up the possibility of cruising on the Seaside in April, and I jumped on it and booked it before any of us could change our minds. Yes, I decided to take one for the team and be the guinea pig and try out this big scary, but beautiful ship. I don't fault my cruise mates for the December decision. I would never force such a decision down their throats. Now I'll have something substantive to relate to the group.

Jim

We cruised on Seaside and on MSC last year during New Year. While we didn't stay in a YC cabin we had a great time. As I mentioned in my review there were a lot of things they did great, we liked and appreciated all the different nationalities that were on the sailing, and the food was some of the best we have had on all the cruises we have taken before. The ship was beautiful and the staff great and very hard working. At the time we sailed they did have some of smell issues but it wasn't near our particular cabin. The only negative I stressed was the balcony of our GS. But that didn't stop us from having a great cruise and a good time on Seaside.

We will definitely sail with MSC again and perhaps try YC:D.

If you are interested, here is the revive I posted after my cruise on Seaside. I tried to be objective and provide good info to other CC members. Enjoy

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2583715

Oh one more thing, we did get served butter :):D

We sailed on Seaside last February despite reading bad reviews. We had a good time, the reviews weren't accurate . While there were some problems they weren't as bad as reported, such as the smell and the food and service. I understand that the problems that did exist were addressed. We are sailing again on Seaside next Feb and we expect to have a great time. Also , cruise with friends if you want to have someone to talk to. :D