Seaside questions!

Canadian Scarlett

I am on the seaside on the Sept 29th sailing and I have a big list of questions. I have been on other ships but this is my first MSC

1. Are bottles of water included in the classic drink package?

2. Since the pools are so deep, are floaties or pool noodles allowed?

3. Is there liquid soap in the bathroom at the sink?

4. Best deal for a beach deal in San Juan??

5. Does the ship have outdoor movies/

6. Best deal for a beach day in Nassau??

7. Is there a solarium pool for adults on the ship?

Thanks in advance and I am sure I will think of more!!

I am on the seaside on the Sept 29th sailing and I have a big list of questions. I have been on other ships but this is my first MSC

1. Are bottles of water included in the classic drink package? Yes, both sparkling and still

2. Since the pools are so deep, are floaties or pool noodles allowed?I'm not sure about policy, but I saw people/kids with them

3. Is there liquid soap in the bathroom at the sink? Yes, a bar may be harder to get

4. Best deal for a beach deal in San Juan?? Haven't done that there

5. Does the ship have outdoor movies/ Yes, it's in the dailies as MSCinema al Fresco

6. Best deal for a beach day in Nassau?? Walk over to Junkaroo beach

7. Is there a solarium pool for adults on the ship? Yes, South Beach pool on deck seven aft. Top 19 sun deck area is available for Aurea cabins and possible purchase. It is supposed to be for adults, but it's not necessarily enforced as kids are often booked in those cabins.

Thanks in advance and I am sure I will think of more!!

Response in red above.

We loved the liquid soap at the sink in the bathroom- we loved everything about our stateroom. We were Fantastica experience. The ship is gorgeous, but the layout is not functional . There is no solarium pool for adults . The jungle pool area reminds me of the Solarium but is crawling with kids.

My best advice is this: only go on the MSC Seaside if you are Yacht Club, or if you get a super good price on a normal room and go with zero expectations.

Response in red above.

South beach pool area is not at all a solarium type area. It is adults only however. Very small , non covered pool area with a bar and a cafe - very few loungers - more people sitting at tables and chairs - one side is a smoking area -

Oh- and the outdoor movies situation was puzzling. They showed good movies but there was no seating for the movie. Other than the built in backless amphitheater style seating that could - maybe seat 30 people . They stacked up and tied down the loungers every evening BEFORE the movie. If you sat on the comfy chairs back by the gelato cafe/ bar- you couldn't see the screen because it's placement was too low - just one of the things that never made sense on this ship.

Did we still have fun? YES. Would we go again? NO!

We loved the liquid soap at the sink in the bathroom- we loved everything about our stateroom. We were Fantastica experience. The ship is gorgeous, but the layout is not functional . There is no solarium pool for adults . The jungle pool area reminds me of the Solarium but is crawling with kids.

My best advice is this: only go on the MSC Seaside if you are Yacht Club, or if you get a super good price on a normal room and go with zero expectations.

We are on the August 18 cruise, Bella experience, with upgrade to Fantastica Balcony, just to have the experience of MSC. December of 2019, we have the YC balcony booked, hoping to make it to Ocean Cay. I will set my expectation meter to zero, and adjust accordingly, as long as the bars don't run empty, I should be okay!!

• Like 1

Went with Seaside in May to Western Caribbean.

1. Answered already above.

2. Yes, floaties or pool noodles are allowed. You have to bring your own.

3. There is a dispenser beside the sink. If nothing comes out on your 1st day, tell your cabin steward to fill it up. If you are fond of bar soap, bring your own.

4. N/A

5. Yes. During our cruise, Deck 16 crew setup lounge chairs (about 2 rows of 20 chairs/row) infront of the amphitheater seating. The movie starts at 8pm (weather permitting). Grab something from the buffet in Deck 16 before finding a seat infront of the screen.

6. Didn't try going to the beach in Nassau but there is a beach close to the port (to the west - behind the Hilton).

7. The South Beach Pool in Deck 7 (aft) is adults only but not a Solarium Pool. And also, it is over 6' deep.

Enjoy your cruise.

Went with Seaside in May to Western Caribbean.

1. Answered already above.

2. Yes, floaties or pool noodles are allowed. You have to bring your own.

3. There is a dispenser beside the sink. If nothing comes out on your 1st day, tell your cabin steward to fill it up. If you are fond of bar soap, bring your own.

4. N/A

5. Yes. During our cruise, Deck 16 crew setup lounge chairs (about 2 rows of 20 chairs/row) infront of the amphitheater seating. The movie starts at 8pm (weather permitting). Grab something from the buffet in Deck 16 before finding a seat infront of the screen.

6. Didn't try going to the beach in Nassau but there is a beach close to the port (to the west - behind the Hilton).

7. The South Beach Pool in Deck 7 (aft) is adults only but not a Solarium Pool. And also, it is over 6' deep.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks so much!!

We are on the August 18 cruise, Bella experience, with upgrade to Fantastica Balcony, just to have the experience of MSC. December of 2019, we have the YC balcony booked, hoping to make it to Ocean Cay. I will set my expectation meter to zero, and adjust accordingly, as long as the bars don't run empty, I should be okay!!

Yep- that's a great attitude - you'll be fine:)

I just got off the Seaside yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised. I really like the ship and would definitely sail on her again. I was Bella experience, with a balcony on deck 10 and drinks on us. I did upgrade to Deluxe drink package, though, as it was only $180 to do so, and included so much more. And even with that, I was still paying what I would have paid for an inside room on most Carnival cruises!

I just got off the Seaside yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised. I really like the ship and would definitely sail on her again. I was Bella experience, with a balcony on deck 10 and drinks on us. I did upgrade to Deluxe drink package, though, as it was only $180 to do so, and included so much more. And even with that, I was still paying what I would have paid for an inside room on most Carnival cruises!

When I look at the comparison chart, it says the deluxe menu includes the room service menu and drinks ordered thru room service. Bella does not include room service....does this drink upgrade allow you to order both food and drink without a charge?

Happy to hear you enjoyed your cruise, we set sail on Saturday, Bella balcony (upgrade to Fantastica) w/ deluxe package also. Can't wait!!

When I look at the comparison chart, it says the deluxe menu includes the room service menu and drinks ordered thru room service. Bella does not include room service....does this drink upgrade allow you to order both food and drink without a charge?

That, I'm not sure of. I'm not a huge room-service person, so I didn't take advantage of it. I just know that the deluxe package included quite a few more drinks than the classic package, and way more than "drinks on us" included. The Blueberry Lavender Sparkler (the version made by Oxana) and the Amaro Amare at the Champagne Bar and the Chocolate Martini at Venchi were some really awesome drinks, and I don't believe they were included in the lower packages. (The Chocolate Martini is probably the best chocolate martini I've EVER had.)

I believe you can buy on on embarkation day only and maybe the second day, but it will be the same price regardless. You don’t get a better deal by buying half way through. Also if you buy the day you get on the ship, it will be more expensive in the sense that you will have to pay 15% gratuity on top of the price of the package. If you buy before you sail, you save the 15%.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums