MSC Newbie - Ticket s?

davenew

We are sailing 8 October, first time with MSC.

We have completed web check in and paid final balance.

When, and where, can we expect to find our e-tickets and luggage labels please.

Asking because the MSC web site does not seem as user friendly as P&O, RCI etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The UK office generally issues them 21 days out, unless you have flights booked with them as well, in which case, they are issued as soon as the airline releases their tickets. That's usually 14 days out. I'm currently waiting for our tickets to issue for our September 1st sailing (that's next Saturday fortnight).

We received ours by email, on July 24, for the August 18 cruise. It is about 20 pages and luggage tix are the last few pages. The package is also available on the website when you log in.

We received ours by email, on July 24, for the August 18 cruise. It is about 20 pages and luggage tix are the last few pages. The package is also available on the website when you log in.

We are Canadians that booked through MSC Miami. It stated for a very long time that our E Tickets would be ready to print 20 days out and voila they were to the day.

It's how the UK office operates that's of interest to the OP.

Understood but since this a thread about etickets there may be others interested in how things work outside of the UK, yes there are cruisers outside of the UK. People read these boards for all kinds of reasons and to gather information that not may not always answer the exact question being asked.

We are new too and live in the UK and will be sailing on Magnifica on 24th september. On our cruise personaliser (or whatever they call it on MSC) it says tickets will be e-mailed 21 days before sailing.

If you think their website isnt as user friendly as P&O you should have tried it before it was updated recently. It seems quite good now in comparison![emoji32]

Not quite sure what to expect on the cruise so will be going with an open mind.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

It's how the UK office operates that's of interest to the OP.

Where does it say “UK office” in the title or question ? Can’t find that this is a country specific thread. I have received my documents via eMail attachment (PDF file) from MSC USA 31 days prior to embarking. 36 pages to print including vouchers for excursions & services booked and luggage tags.

Where does it say “UK office” in the title or question ? Can’t find that this is a country specific thread. I have received my documents via eMail attachment (PDF file) from MSC USA 31 days prior to embarking. 36 pages to print including vouchers for excursions & services booked and luggage tags.

I guess since they made a comparison to P&O they are assuming UK based. As someone else pointed out this is not a conversation between two people. The OP is not the only one who will benefit from this information. For example I am booked around the same time through the US office and now I know when my tickets and tags will be ready. I was curious but not urgent enough to ask. So thanks all!

Funny how many posts are written for a simple question... ;)

Many posts in a thread are how we learn, giving and receiving information is how we educate ourselves on the cruise industry. For example if the original posters question was answered right away then we never would have advanced the discussion to the point where the poster below gained valuable information they needed. At the end of the days these are discussion boards.

"I guess since they made a comparison to P&O they are assuming UK based. As someone else pointed out this is not a conversation between two people. The OP is not the only one who will benefit from this information. For example I am booked around the same time through the US office and now I know when my tickets and tags will be ready. I was curious but not urgent enough to ask. So thanks all! "

The OP's location is Lincolnshire! I try to find out where the person is from before answering questions as MSC operates different policies for different countries. Then I can give the answer that's relevant to them.

Sorry but it says nowhere Lincolnshire... is the clue hidden in the avatar (flag) ?

No ... I use the website, which indicates a person's location if they allow it through their settings. I've just checked the Tapatalk app and I see it's not showing there.

I would never have answered the question without knowing what region the OP was posting from. I happen to have experience of and knowledge on the subject because I book through the UK office. Nor do I "assume" (as another poster surmised) where anyone is from based on them mentioning other cruise lines.

The OP just added the location in his profile which now makes it clear where is he from. Another thing to get more precise answers in general would be to provide more information in questions , like ship name & destination & cabin type / experience if the question is related to such.

The OP just added the location in his profile which now makes it clear where is he

from. Another thing to get more precise answers in general would be to provide more information in questions , like ship name & destination & cabin type / experience if the question is related to such.

I could see the location when I first responded.

Anyway ... I agree with you about more information needing to be provided - too many variables (and a lot of confusion) otherwise.

20 -30 days out.

The OP's location is Lincolnshire! I try to find out where the person is from before answering questions as MSC operates different policies for different countries. Then I can give the answer that's relevant to them.

Thanks for being so observant, and giving correct information [emoji106]