7-26-18 Thursday Weigh-In...Last Six Days Of July

Belle

Belle- I may be up tonight. I can't seem to sleep on this higher dose of the prednisone. Good thing though as I'm trying to finish the draft of my research paper.

Ski- Hope you are having a great birthday weekend!

Great picture Shootr.

Hello Everyone! Dang it, I stayed the same. Need to buckle down.

Went shopping today and bought some healthy foods. My trouble

is snacking at night. Tried to buy right food! It's those carbs and sugar!:eek:

Seems like everyone did pretty well this week. Congrats!

Nice to have "our men" back.

Mike...I hope you keep checking., even if maintaining. Would miss you.

Great on the pushups. WOW

shootr..Know it's so hard to keep at this. Your doing great trying to get back on track.

Glad your son is home for summer. Nice you have the pool in the heat.

Ski...Happy Birthday. Have fun this weekend. Hard not to eat one cake but they

will have more at work!:( They like you!

Katmu ...Hope your feeling better. Good Luck on your final project for your class.

Jan...Sorry your having back pain. Hope you get some relief soon

Diana..Happy for you that your at precruise weight. Now ready for next cruise.

Pacruiser...Sorry basement had flooding. All your running and walking. Great job!

cruise 42...Another good loss. Are you doing anything special? Did you tell me before

and I forgot. If you did. Sorry.

Labmom...I know so hard to get movtivated even if a cruise is coming up. Me too.

See like a few of us have cruises in our future..

Jo...I know what the charts say to weigh is way off. Had a doctor tell me once,

People maybe can get to the weight but can you stay there. He added about 20 lbs to what the chart said.

You can maintain that and look good. Still trying to get there!:evilsmile::eek:

Everyone have a good weekend. Come in everyday and say Hi. Maybe keep us of eating to much! if

we read and write!

Belle, I don't follow any special diet plan, just do my own thing, 2 days a week I try to restrict my calories (like IF, but I don't really keep count of calories so I know it's more than 500/day).

Cruise42 I seemed to miss you when I was talking. Sorry.

What you are doing is working for you. Your losing every week it seems.

Think your doing the best of our group at the moment. WE have to catch up and do as well.

shootr Doing good in your eating today and love your pool and your pool toy

the"dog"!:) Great picture of your dad! Tell your wife I'm here!

Kat I'm here. Always check off and on to see if anyone is talking but I guess

you should working on your paper? You need breaks once in awhile.

Wishing you all a good Monday that it's bright and sunny and a happy day for you.:cool:

(sometimes Monday's aren't):(

Edited by Belle

snip

Jo...I know what the charts say to weigh is way off. Had a doctor tell me once,

People maybe can get to the weight but can you stay there. He added about 20 lbs to what the chart said.

You can maintain that and look good. Still trying to get there!:evilsmile::eek:

Everyone have a good weekend. Come in everyday and say Hi. Maybe keep us of eating to much! if

we read and write!

That's encouraging and confirms some of what I was thinking. 150 seems much more reachable (and hopefully maintainable) than 135, and I think I will look and feel good at that weight.

Hey Belle. Typical Saturday here. House cleaning, then shopping, rest, exercise and bed. Today is a little different since we’re packing for a couple nights in DC. Considering it’s the closest big city to us (assuming you don’t count Pittsburgh, and most don’t) it’s a wonder we don’t go there more often. In fact this will be my son’s first time since he was 2! He and I are going to a concert Monday night in Silver Spring then home Tuesday. So that’s a nice break from ordinary. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I count Pittsburgh as a city:D - it's big enough to have the Pirates, Steelers, and Penguins;)

We lived outside DC for a few years when we got married and love the area. Have a great trip!

I had a two-pound gain but getting back on track beginning this pm.

Somebody asked where in PA I grew up -- answer Lehigh Valley area, about 1.5 to two hrs from Philadelphia. Beautiful dairy farm area, though lots of family farms have sold.

That was probably me - I'm a little north of that in the Susquehanna River Valley, but grew up on Lake Erie in the NW. PA dairy has really been suffering this year - not sure if it is the move toward nut/soy based "milks" or what, but hoping the farms survive and eventually return to thriving.

Ugh, this picture says it all. What's really upsetting (but uber motivating) is exactly 1 year ago I looked 10 times better because I was 25 pounds lighter.

Dad's 87th birthday (and still doing great) at Black Angus. Had grilled chicken and wild rice, a shrimp cocktail and green salad for appetizer (900 calorie dinner but could have been way worse if I gave in to the bread, the dessert, and a big steak.)

Friday stunk as the evening snack devil visited - but it fouled up my system so much I'm happy to avoid that path in the future.

Exercise - somehow I have to get going but I just can't find the spark to get me into something. There opening a shiny new gym down the street soon - but it seems to be taking forever - I can see joining one again. 7 years ago when I dropped the 60 pounds, I enjoyed the gym because of the variety of equipment, and I was less likely to get bored.

Hope everyone else having a good weekend. Belle-I should get my wife in here. She's a night shift nurse so when not working, she's usually up all night anyways! See ya'!

c102fba1ef8c6f7c07fdf7be1e66ffd7.jpg

You look happy in the picture, nice smile - and your dad (and mom?) look great! Sounds like you made some healthy choices, and are similar to my husband and I that if you do over-do it your body lets you know (if only I could remember the lousy feeling when the "tasty" foods are calling my name).

Best wishes finding an exercise regimen that works for you. I know I feel better when I'm moving, but it's often difficult to overcome inertia - this body at rest tends to stay at rest;)

This morning I spent 30-45 minutes pulling weeds. Not the best for my back/hip issues, but I feel so much better for having it done.

Have a great week all:cool:

Shootr, great pics!

Your dog is so cute!

Nice photo with your parents.

You'll get the weight off.

I belong to a gym and since I'm no longer working it's nice to have somewhere to go everyday.

Pacruise, I agree with you. I'm the same, I like to be moving, otherwise it's too easy to end up doing nothing.

Have a good Monday everyone.

Diana

Cruise42 I seemed to miss you when I was talking. Sorry.

What you are doing is working for you. Your losing every week it seems.

Think your doing the best of our group at the moment. WE have to catch up and do as well.

shootr Doing good in your eating today and love your pool and your pool toy

the"dog"!:) Great picture of your dad! Tell your wife I'm here!

Kat I'm here. Always check off and on to see if anyone is talking but I guess

you should working on your paper? You need breaks once in awhile.

Wishing you all a good Monday that it's bright and sunny and a happy day for you.:cool:

(sometimes Monday's aren't):(

I hope you didn't jinx me for this week Belle! ;)