New York terminal for Grand Princess?

WAVTAM

Have 6 people going on Grand Princess 10/10/04 All parties coming from different states. Isn't Newark Airport closer? Where too stay the night? Recommendations for transfer from Airport to terminal? All suggestions appreciated.

We are sailing out of N Y on 10/11/ on celebritys constellation. I have done a lot of research about transportation and hotel. Newark is close and so is LaGuardia but we had to choose JFK because we are flying Jet Blue (much cheaper fare) We are taking super shuttle from the terminal which is $15 per person (far cheaper than taxi's) Check out their website. I got a four star hotel in midtown manhattan (which is close to the piers) through priceline.com you definitely want midtown. Go on the website hotels.com and you can find a map of manhattan. Good luck and if i can help any more let me know.

Hi WAVTAM-we are also sailing out of NYC on the Grand on 10/10. Long story, but we are ending up staying at the JFK Radisson for $69/night and taking a taxi or shuttle to the port the next day.We are arriving late on Saturday, and this is convenient to the airport. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this though. The amt. we're going to spend on the shuttle is going to negate most of the savings for the hotel room.

Kathy

Sheep/bears, (Whats with all these animals) Thanks for suggestions. What terminal does Grand dock at? If we stay at Newmark hotel and then take train to Grand Station and then taxi to ship, does that sound logical. Maybe just shuttle from airport to ship is better? WAVTAM

• 3 weeks later...
There are 5 active Berths at the NY Passenger ship terminal. They are at Piers 88, 90, 92 I believe. Which Berth you go to is subject to change. All vehicle traffic enters from 54th street(or if they close that entrance from 59th street). You then either go up the ramp or under the ramp but all vehicles have to come down to where your ship is. The Super shuttle(Blue minivans) can pick you up at the JFK hotels and taken you to the pier for I believe $15.00 each the website for that is [url]www.supershuttle.com[/url]. I personnally like the mini-vans because the luggae is easier to handle in them.

Just hope they don't move you to Bayonne. The new Brooklyn pier for ships won't open for a couple of years

• 1 month later...
What is the best way to get from the pier back to the airport after the cruise? Will supershuttle pick you up? Are taxis hard to get? Do you have to arrange these ahead of time or are they just there looking for customers? Never been to NYC and need the advice. Thank you.

Archived