Moderately priced hotel near pier

BillyMetz

The area near the piers is rather seedy and there's nothing around there you'd want to see and I wouldn't want to walk around there at night. Also there are no restaurants you'd want to eat in over there.

Will you be arriving at night, ordering room service and then going to the ship in the morning? If that's the case, then I guess it doesn't matter.

Also, do you know what street the pier is located on? If it's in the 50's, then you could try the Hudson Hotel on West 58th Street. The rooms are very small, but it's very chic and ultra trendy with a nice restuarant and 2 hip bars. A taxi to the pier would be about 5 minutes cab ride.

If the pier is in the 40's, then you could try any of the hotels in the theatre district like the Marriott Marquis on West 49th Street. Again, a cab to the pier would only be a few minutes.

Jane

Jane is exactly right - there arent really any hotels in that area and it isnt an area I would really want to spend any unnecessary time. I dont think you will be able to find a "moderately nice hotel" within walking distance from the pier. The pier basically takes up space between 48th and 54th, I believe. I know you take the 54th street ramp to get there. I just looked at my map which shows a bunch of hotels and it looks like the Marriot Marquis is closest but it would still require a cab ride. If I were you, I would go to Priceline, ask for a 4 star hotel midtown and hope for a good deal. The Marquis is usually rather expensive from what I have seen while searching for hotels in the city.

We got a great deal for a 4 star hotel, midtown which usually runs for 180 bucks a night for 80 dollars a night.

Good Luck.

Archived