Excursions to Cape Cod?

sjde

We'll have 2 or 3 extra days in Boston at the end of a cruise in mid-October. Are there Gray Line or similar tours to Cape Cod or is it too far to go for a day, or too late in the season? We did this from Vancouver to Victoria and had only about 3 or 4 hours there in a 9 hour trip because of the ferry and the distance. But it was still worth it. Thanks!

Sue

Much easier to keep track of replies to questions like this if you stick to one board.

Sjde: Actually in your case you have come to the right place... information on a particular cruise destination.. whether it be Alaska, Europe, Canada is all over the place.. and often helpful "locals" on these ports of call board. The new "Search" feature can be a big help as there may be questions relating to your Cape Cod question on a specific cruise board as well.

True, Caroline, but the poster had already asked the same question on the other board, and there were already replies there I was guiding her too.

Posting the same question in multiple places often results in half the answers going unnoticed . . . or duplicating the efforts of the repliers to help out.

This *is* the right place for the thread, but since it was started elsewhere I thought it helpful to point her back over there.

Sorry. Haven't used this board in almost a year and after posting on the "ask a cruise question" thread, I discovered further down, the "ports of call-New England" thread.

Sue

Nitemare, if I'm not mistaken, you pointed sjde here in your answer to her post on the board you referenced.

Back to the question though --- sjde, what part of the Cape are you interested in? We live in the area and I can offer you some advice depending upon where you'd like to visit.

I know nothing about Cape Cod, so can't say that there's a particular place I'm interested in, other than we're interested in quaint, picturesque towns and scenery, maybe shops and restaurants, though less so.

Sue

Provincetown (or P-town, as we call it here) is probably the easiest to get to. Here's a link to the high-speed ferry:

http://www.bostonharborcruises.com/provincetown/

Looking at their schedule, I don't know if you will be arriving when the ferry is still running, so here are some other options:

Bonanza Bus Line

Plymouth-Brockton Street Railway -- click on "Bus Schedules between Boston, South Shore, and Cape Cod" on left-hand side of page. Note different schedules for weekends and weekdays.

Or, you can rent a car and drive it. Shouldn't be too difficult as you are going after tourist season.

Hope this helps somewhat. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited to add: The Gray Line links given above (we posted at the same time) are also excellent. The one called Autumn on the Cape sounds great -- maybe we'll do that one ourselves. :)

Archived