The Maitre D came by with his nose in the air

You could tell by his tone he just didn't care

Then he realized it best if he didn't miff me

He probably thought get a cloth

or this bum will stiff me

But alas and alack , there was no cloth to be found

Our ship of dreams had in deed run aground

Edited by babyher

I think Dr. Seuss is fine. Universal does not have a Dr. Seuss section because he's outdated. I'm sure the Vista will have a an absolutely fun decor for the little ones.

Not sure why they are charging $5 for the character meet at breakfast though.

I think besides a little revenue the $5.00 charge is a way to limit participation/crowd control. If it was free, all the folks complaining on these boards would be the first to enter the dining room for their plate of Green Eggs and Ham.

Edited by NYcruzzer

Hmmm, guess I am not mad or happy. I was kinda hoping for more, something making it cheaper to cruise with kids.

Another nickel and dime... 5 bucks to eat with costumed folks?

sorry, not happening here.

Just wished it was more, Suess is better than many things, but why copy other lines and have oversized costume characters on the boat??????

We cruise with our 8 year old, she hates Camp C and so do we, too many bad experiences and nickel and diming occurs.... build a bear, late night dance parties for kid?????, loud and rude counselors etc...

Good thing our kid likes being with us 24/7 on the cruise, but I was hoping the big announcement was a bit more.

I know I'm cheap, but I would/will not spend $5 a person for the character breakfast. It would be $25 for my family of five. No thanks. We'll eat on Lido for free. Not going to pay that much for breakfast.

Hope it works out for them.

I hope your right that its just a small enhancment to the childrens program but to me it looks like Carnivals plans are more than that......

I think you hit the nail on the head. I think it gives a good indication of what path the beards are going to take Carnival down next.

Each of us will have to decide if this benefits us. It certainly isn't the "kids sail free" that lots of people seemed to be hoping for.

I know I'm cheap, but I would/will not spend $5 a person for the character breakfast. It would be $25 for my family of five. No thanks. We'll eat on Lido for free. Not going to pay that much for breakfast.

Hope it works out for them.

I'm a bit frugal myself, but I would gladly pay it. Cheaper than any character meals at Disney or Sesame Place for that matter. $20 bucks for us. I would cough it up of the kids wanted to go.;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I think besides a little revenue the $5.00 charge is a way to limit participation/crowd control. If it was free, all the folks complaining on these boards would be the first to enter the dining room for their plate of Green Eggs and Ham.

and whine and complain if they couldn't use their free drink coupon at a children's event. :p

Good point.

So does this mean that is one less day to have a sit down breakfast if you don't want to eat with people dressed in costumes and a bunch of toddlers? This will definitely draw more of the under 8 crowd and my kids are much older and I'm done with all of that kiddie stuff and good riddance.

Seriously will have to look at Princess now that they have a ship in the Caribbean in the summer.

In the truest spirit of Old Dr. Suess Himself

I paid my fare

I board the ship

I 'm on vacation

I took a trip

to the dock we did motor

with joy and with glee

just mama, and junior and sis and me

What a glorious sight lo and behold

a carnival ship , the truth should be told

we get to our cabin and meet our steward named Guido

Then off for a snack down in the Lido

That night we prepared for our favorite meal of all

The one we dress up for in our best fallderall

We spackled and sputtered , and washed and wiped

for the big dinner that had been so highly hyped

Ah the lusious treasures the dining room held

But as once in Denmark , something rotten i smelled

along with the Whizzers and Woozers and Weezers

The tiara clad broads and tux wearing gezzers

Here we were in our best bib and tucker and sable

and alas , no cloth for our poor little table

What the heck? What the Hell? I started to yell

If I wanted this crap I would sail NCL

LOVE THIS :) !!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So does this mean that is one less day to have a sit down breakfast if you don't want to eat with people dressed in costumes and a bunch of toddlers? This will definitely draw more of the under 8 crowd and my kids are much older and I'm done with all of that kiddie stuff and good riddance.

Seriously will have to look at Princess now that they have a ship in the Caribbean in the summer.

Maybe on the ships that have 2 dining rooms, the other will have regular brunch?

Not at all but if you want to look at Princess, by all means do so. We have a Princess cruise booked next year, but also several Carnival cruises.

I think it's great and agree if it were free all these negative nay Sayers would be first in line pushing a kid out of the way.

It's a small addition and shouldn't ruin your cruise. It's breakfast and some stuff added to the kid area! Give me a break! You will still get to see your stupid hairy chest contest and what not.

As for if it's just for little ones. I let me 10 yr old read the article about it who will be 11 when we sail and she is super excited about it. As are the adults sailing too. Just like the new dining don't knock it till you see it and see how it goes.

I think Dr. Seuss is fine. Universal does not have a Dr. Seuss section because he's outdated. I'm sure the Vista will have a an absolutely fun decor for the little ones.

Not sure why they are charging $5 for the character meet at breakfast though.

Actually universal does have a dr Seuss section, it's at islands of adventure.

We are a family with a young child that cruises together and I believe this is a huge mistake for Carnival. The prices are what attracts families to Carnival over Disney but going Disneyesque with the Suess branding will turn away families w/teens, couples, groups w/out kids........pretty much any adults without a child under 9.There plan to steal some of the Disney share will back fire when it costs them a greater % of their current customers. This is a great day for Royal, Princess ect. Im glad Im not a carnival share holder :eek:

I don't know where you get that from. We sailed, four adults over 30, on royal with the dreamworks characters. Even did the character breakfast. Royal makes the characters very unobtrusive. If you didn't know where to look for them you would never see them. It's there for people that want it but not in your face for those that don't.

Actually universal does have a dr Seuss section, it's at islands of adventure.

I know. Perhaps I have worded this incorrectly. I was trying to say that Universal would not offer this if Dr. Seuss were outdated. Since it does, it shows the popularity and longevity of Dr. Suess.

BTW...I happen to be very fond Suess Landing and I like the addition to be children's program.

In the truest spirit of Old Dr. Suess Himself

I paid my fare

I board the ship

I 'm on vacation

I took a trip

to the dock we did motor

with joy and with glee

just mama, and junior and sis and me

What a glorious sight lo and behold

a carnival ship , the truth should be told

we get to our cabin and meet our steward named Guido

Then off for a snack down in the Lido

That night we prepared for our favorite meal of all

The one we dress up for in our best fallderall

We spackled and sputtered , and washed and wiped

for the big dinner that had been so highly hyped

Ah the lusious treasures the dining room held

But as once in Denmark , something rotten i smelled

along with the Whizzers and Woozers and Weezers

The tiara clad broads and tux wearing gezzers

Here we were in our best bib and tucker and sable

and alas , no cloth for our poor little table

What the heck? What the Hell? I started to yell

If I wanted this crap I would sail NCL

Bravo! Not to be confused with Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! :D

I think it's a cute idea. I love the reading time. Those that don't want to participate don't have to.

To the haters...don't worry, you'll not have brunch with Thing 1 and Thing 2 because you have to pay for that....and i'm guessing your not willing to shell out the very affordable $5 for it.

I will do this. We have often talked about green eggs and ham....and this will be cute and fun.