Seuss at Sea

winddawn

I think Dr. Seuss is a cute idea and my granddaughter would enjoy it (once). Does Carnival seriously think anyone would book their vacation specifically for this?

My disappointment is that Carnival chooses to add this after they have cutback on the things we enjoy (entertainment & dining). Of my 35 cruises, 16 have been on Carnival, but our future bookings will be on other cruise lines.

I do not care for Dr Seuss, but I still think this idea is a good one. My kids would have been all about this when they were small. I do not think anyone has to be worried about being exposed to this anymore than you are currently exposed to camp carnival on a cruise. Since it is a paid venue, I seriously doubt it would interfere with the normal brunch. Has to be its own location.

I wonder what that meal location will be considering that especially the older ships have limited dining room space. Maybe use one dining room for different things on different days?

John posted a video of the breakfast and it looks pretty "wow!". I don't expect that it will be quite that eleborate on every ship (no balloons, more limited decor) but it does look like fun.

The green eggs don't appeal to me personally (but then again I don't like sunny side up eggs whether they are green or not) but some of the other things look good / fun / interesting.

I also think the character costumes are well done - they look like the books (not the movies) and they've even made the grinch not look completely evil.

I wanted to start a Positive thread due to the mean remarks on the one before.

For the grumps...It will not affect any of you. Other than to keep the kiddies you complain about.......In Camp carnival and not around you. So it is a Positive.

We are taking our 3 almost four grand daughter and her Mom and Dad with us. More money for Carnival if they like it and become Carnival Cruisers.

For children, who already like Dr. Seuss..it is familiar. It is so much in our culture. The emphasis on story telling and reading BOOKS...wonderful. The Parade..will in Camp Carnival Areas.....The Breakfast of Green Eggs and Ham............I would like to try it myself.

I don't get excited about much except a huge sale....or lots of OBC...but as a librarian for decades............This is fantastic. Books are fun. Books at Sea. or a Kindle. They are fun.

Thank You Carnival.

I think Dr. Seuss is a cute idea and my granddaughter would enjoy it (once). Does Carnival seriously think anyone would book their vacation specifically for this?

My disappointment is that Carnival chooses to add this after they have cutback on the things we enjoy (entertainment & dining). Of my 35 cruises, 16 have been on Carnival, but our future bookings will be on other cruise lines.

IN A FLORIDA MINUTE. People who are involved with Toddlers who know that

IF they read well..........they will do well.

If they do not read well.............they will not do well.

Books have to be sold. There is a lot of Video game competition. Lots of TV. To have BOOKS on Vacation. And Fun activities with Books. it is story Time at the Library or in School....

If you have ever seen a group of small children..mesmerized by a good story teller with a good Book.........Like "Horton Hears a Who" or "Curious George" This is a good thing. A very good thing. And YES...people. will sail just because of it.

I have sworn off Carnival due to my irritation over the crowds with FTTf. This makes me rethink that. If Carnival gets this going............We stick with Carnival. A Week of enrichment at Sea..which the children see as "fun". Wonderful

I wonder what that meal location will be considering that especially the older ships have limited dining room space. Maybe use one dining room for different things on different days?

PERHAPS........the tables in Camp carnival? they eat there now.

You said that about the Table Cloths too. And I agree with you. Vote with your feet.

We had voted with our feet. To Princess , which you said you also had switched too, If I remember correctly.

This.........will have me back in an instant. A great Program for Kids..with BOOKS, which will stand them in good stead for ever........and done in Camp Carnival.....with no bother to any Adults......................

FANTASTIC. LOVE it. I Was a Librarian for decades. This is a gift to every child on board. One that will serve them well forever if they are able to stay and participate.

You said that about the Table Cloths too. And I agree with you. Vote with your feet.

We had voted with our feet. To Princess , which you said you also had switched too, If I remember correctly.

This.........will have me back in an instant. A great Program for Kids..with BOOKS, which will stand them in good stead for ever........and done in Camp Carnival.....with no bother to any Adults......................

FANTASTIC. LOVE it. I Was a Librarian for decades. This is a gift to every child on board. One that will serve them well forever if they are able to stay and participate.

You're right! Our next cruise is booked on Princess and we will be booking another later this year. We are voting with our wallets, but Carnival doesn't give a rat's backside about those of us who have sailed with them for many years...that is very disappointing!

Encouraging kids to read is admirable. Having a great children's program will be good for kids & families. But doing so at the expense of Carnival's overall cruising experience (other recent changes have been dramatic downgrades), is a HUGE mistake for Carnival. IMHO Carnival would have been smarter to improve entertainment and dining, but we'll just have to see.

In the meantime, Princess (and Royal Caribbean) will get our cruising dollars.

You're right! Our next cruise is booked on Princess and we will be booking another later this year. We are voting with our wallets, but Carnival doesn't give a rat's backside about those of us who have sailed with them for many years...that is very disappointing!

Encouraging kids to read is admirable. Having a great children's program will be good for kids & families. But doing so at the expense of Carnival's overall cruising experience (other recent changes have been dramatic downgrades), is a HUGE mistake for Carnival. IMHO Carnival would have been smarter to improve entertainment and dining, but we'll just have to see.

There will be an announcement in the next couple months about entertainment improvements is my guess

That photo looks kind of cool. I got two questions, though:

1. Is the new kids' program on all ships now? I thought Seuss at Sea was piloted on Glory, along with the no tablecloths experiment. But the funnel in the background looks like it's on Splendor or a Dream class ship (short and wide, rather than the traditional upright shape found on older ships, including Glory).

2. Who's that yellow character? His name escapes me at the moment.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

That photo looks kind of cool. I got two questions, though:

1. Is the new kids' program on all ships now? I thought Seuss at Sea was piloted on Glory, along with the no tablecloths experiment. But the funnel in the background looks like it's on Splendor or a Dream class ship (short and wide, rather than the traditional upright shape found on older ships, including Glory).

2. Who's that yellow character? His name escapes me at the moment.

1) Seuss at Sea is being piloted (and was announced) on the Splendor. It will start on that ship in February.

Freedom will get Bookville in dry dock this spring and Vista will come out of Italy with Bookville included.

2) The yellow character is Sam from Green Eggs and Ham.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Nice costumes . You can actually tell what religion Thing 1 and Thing 2 are . :)

How do you tell their religion? I doubt you can see kippahs, hijabs, etc. through costumes. Or were you referring to their hairstyle?

Their sex, on the other hand... pretty clear, lol. Their costumes might need to be resized.

How do you tell their religion? I doubt you can see kippahs, hijabs, etc. through costumes. Or were you referring to their hairstyle?

Their sex, on the other hand... pretty clear, lol. Their costumes might need to be resized.

Don't know any moils in your area?

We have to agree Carnival does not care, we are also voting with our wallets, looking at Princess instead of Carnival. I have 3 FCC certificates that I need to book. I may check into a refund due to all the cutback.s

So Dr. Seuss and green eggs and ham at brunch instead of comedy???

Just what I want after a hangover, large cartoon character at my table.

Hoping it will be separate dining room. I did enough of character meals with my kids when they were little.

I heard that the Dr Seuss brunch will be in the "other" dining room or elsewhere on the ship. ;) No green eggs & ham for us grown-ups :eek: (unless we want to be kids for a day) I think it is a great idea for at least one sea day and it will make Carnival more attractive for families.