Singapore Hotels

ssbeagle

Yes, "food court" is probably the best comparison. Typically affordable (though not always "cheap" or fast:D) Open on the sides, lots of tables. Very casual and a great way for us to try lots of different things. We LOVE street food!

Singaporeans are opinionated about the "best" food stalls, so we just tried what was nearby - to us, they're all pretty good:D Though I did searches to find what stalls within certain hawker centers were the better reviewed and to see what types of food could be found in each....

Yes, we are very opinionated. However, the BBC has opined that the Hainanese Chicken Rice is a dish worth flying 15 hours for - http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20151105-the-singapore-dish-worth-a-15-hour-flight

It is widely available at Hawker Centres or Food Courts, but some are better than others. I'm not a fussy eater so I'm happy with most. Some of the better and cheaper chicken rice stores are away from tourist areas, understandably. Like this one. All that foor for $4 Singapore.

[YOUTUBE]60lSgbCLQDU[/YOUTUBE]

The food looks delicious. Was the serving enough to feed two people of the chicken and rice?

For me & my husband, it might be - but we usually had one big meal a day and would try a few dishes & share (and have a snack in the evening or late afternoon, depending on when we were planning the bigger meal).

Really depends on how hungry you are and how much you usually eat....

They also have a desert you have to try called Ice Kachang strange as have beans and corn in it but delicious. This we usually shared. (Googled a picture of it)

. 8ccf2c40658df7b7a495d3a737e7664c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by RaeBay

I'm also looking for a hotel for 3 nights 26-29 May 2017 after we leave the Dawn Princess. The 3 nights after our 12 night cruise is a bonus so if you know of any relatively budget type hotels, I'd appreciated your advice and tips.

Many thanks.

Edited by TracyTracy1

:)CHeck the Wangz Hotel. We were treated very well by all of the staff and highly recommend this hotel. Not sure if it's close to shopping etc. but there are restaurants right across the street. The nicest staff we have encountered at any hotel. They could not do enough for you. Breakfast included.

Barjolov, I've just booked the Orchard hotel through Expedia. It looks great & I got a great deal. All the reviews on their & trip advisor are very positive. I was considering the Carlton and the Oasia but Orchard was in a much better location and had a better rating and reviews. Now I'm all booked, I'm getting excited. Just travel insurance to go now (will search for recommendations).